Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Your team v Man City

We saw shoots of recovery in the West Ham and Tottenham games, but it's very clear there is still some rot in the plant.

Assuming Mane and Fabinho are still injured -

.........................Alisson

Trent...Phillips.....Kabak...Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

................Henderson.......Thiago

...Salah...........Firmino..........Shaqiri

Honestly there's 4 or 5 of them I'd rather not play after that display but until Mane/Fabinho/Jota are back, our options look a bit limited.

Have tossed Kabak in early. Henderson is desperately needed in midfield at this stage and Kabak is renowned for having some fight in him, which we need. West Ham and Everton are a bit close for comfort just now.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We saw shoots of recovery in the West Ham and Tottenham games, but it's very clear there is still some rot in the plant.

Assuming Mane and Fabinho are still injured -

.........................Alisson

Trent...Phillips.....Kabak...Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

................Henderson.......Thiago

...Salah...........Firmino..........Shaqiri

Honestly there's 4 or 5 of them I'd rather not play after that display but until Mane/Fabinho/Jota are back, our options look a bit limited.

Have tossed Kabak in early. Henderson is desperately needed in midfield at this stage and Kabak is renowned for having some fight in him, which we need. West Ham and Everton are a bit close for comfort just now.
    Wow you really are quick at typing. I asked in match day thread for you to post your team vs Man-city
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

No way I'd play Shaq as LFWD after that display, it was fucking woeful, absolutely fucking woeful, we need a player who will offer the movement and runs in behind in that position, Ox is the only one of our players to ever come in for Mane and offer that, so Ox at LFWD for me, it just fucks us up and makes us easier to defend when we don't have those runs in behind, a player coming short and consistently passing backwards as Shaq, Origi and Jota have all done when played there just isn't any good to us

I'm going with the 2 new CBs, fuck it

Alisson

Trent Kabak Davies Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Oxlade
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Wow you really are quick at typing. I asked in match day thread for you to post your team vs Man-city
    Copy/paste the team text with all the dots takes about a second.

Predictive text means a couple of sentences takes a further 20 seconds or so.

Takes one of our throw-ins and a corner to type it and store it to clipboard.

Copy, paste. We're talking 45-90 seconds for the lot, done over the course of maybe two throw-ins and the ball being out of play for a corner and I miss none of the in-play aspect of the game.

Is Mane due back ?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Is Mane due back ?
    In theory, yes - and needless to say I would have him in my side if he is, as would pretty much everyone.

Wonder if Allison will recover from a dodgy kebab

is it me or has he put on weight?

No chance I’d start Shaq and we won’t start with those two at CB. Either Henderson or Fabinho will be one of them.

Jones also deserves a start, Thiago and Wijnaldum did absolutely nothing tonight.

I just hope Fab’s back at CB, Henderson and Jones are two of the midfielders and Mané is back.

Unfortunately we have no choice but to play Bobby, we have absolutely no alternative until Jota is back.

This isn't me having a go at you Sid, but ........

Who ..... gives ..... a ..... f***?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    No chance I’d start Shaq and we won’t start with those two at CB. Either Henderson or Fabinho will be one of them.
    Suspect I might feel the same in the Morning to be fair, though after that abject display I'd be inclined to throw caution to the wind right now.