Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

No excuses, no mind boggling reverting to systems we've never played, i expect our lads to be Liverpool at their very best and win
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We always play 4/3/3
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We always play 4/3/3
    No we don't, we played a diamond v West Ham, last game v UAE FC we were 'brave' for all of 25 minutes then reverted to a 442 with 2 players in positions that made no sense to that game or their history of performing far better and more frequently in the position the other one was in, Jurgen admitting himself after the game their goal and penalty were the result of mistakes because the team had only played that formation once or twice, well that's once or twice more than i can ever remember us playing it, absolute lunacy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Have a funny feeling we’ll beat these lot today

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Pressure is on them after recent results BUT our confidence is not at its best. Either way lets just go out and destroy the light blue shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Pressure is on them after recent results BUT our confidence is not at its best. Either way lets just go out and destroy the light blue shite.
    Confidence was battered when we played Spurs, albeit a shockingly poor defensive display from them.

Would like to see one of the two CB come in. Utilise Henderson in Midfield. We need to push on from the last 6 weeks, West Ham and Spurs aside. They need it more than ever

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Jurgens record against pep especially at Anfield is very good, so why not. A little payback to remind them who's champions would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Jurgens record against pep especially at Anfield is very good, so why not. A little payback to remind them who's champions would be nice.
    Had a similar season a few years back where we beat the big sides and drew or lost to the bus Parkers.

Even though I’d like us to put some effort in games where we don’t lose. Maybe having the pressure off being top spot will work in our favour?

The “look you guys are top in Christmas again” can have a negative impact. It didn’t last season as we were just so far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No we don't, we played a diamond v West Ham, last game v UAE FC we were 'brave' for all of 25 minutes then reverted to a 442 with 2 players in positions that made no sense to that game or their history of performing far better and more frequently in the position the other one was in, Jurgen admitting himself after the game their goal and penalty were the result of mistakes because the team had only played that formation once or twice, well that's once or twice more than i can ever remember us playing it, absolute lunacy
    We beat west ham.

We were playing a 42X setup last time v city in the opening phase/25minutes, a 424