Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Definitely needed as strong a midfield as possible, allowing City to have the ball in midfield is a recipe for disaster

Jesus on the bench, so Sterling up the middle ?
    Pep trying to be a smart arse ? I guess we'll see after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Definitely needed as strong a midfield as possible, allowing City to have the ball in midfield is a recipe for disaster
    just clear it fucking long and bypass the midfield !!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Agree, I said from day one that in Virgil's absence the best way to protect our defence was and always will be to play our strongest possible midfield, when they press at their best combined with our forwards and full backs, most teams barely get a look at our defence

Edit: It's the best way to support our forwards and full backs playing at their best also
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th February 2021 at 04:49 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I just dont agree with Hendo/Fab at CB.
    Who would you have picked?

Don't get me wrong here, I know people want Hendo and Fabinho in midfield. It makes total sense. So by no means a dig.

But with how little time our new signings have been with us it would be too soon (rhythm/chemistry) to put them in most likely. If we had Davies and Kabak as a pair and one steps up while the other drops off, City are in.

Would you have had Phillips plus Fab say, to free Hendo up, so we get at least one of them into the central three?

It’s a good lineup - can see why he has put Hendo in there - would prefer to see him and Fab in the middle but we can’t throw both newcomers in there for this.

Makes sense...

Come on you big beautiful reds

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Who would you have picked?

Don't get me wrong here, I know people want Hendo and Fabinho in midfield. It makes total sense. So by no means a dig.

But with how little time our new signings have been with us it would be too soon (rhythm/chemistry) to put them in most likely. If we had Davies and Kabak as a pair and one steps up while the other drops off, City are in.

Would you have had Phillips plus Fab say, to free Hendo up, so we get at least one of them into the central three?
    Id have gone Kabak and Fabinho.

My comment was meant as I wouldnt play them two at CB.

Its a big game for Jones.

Gotta agree with LEGS, I would have played Phillips alongside Fab and put Henderson back in midfield.

I hope I'm wrong but I think Klopp's got it wrong here.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Id have gone Kabak and Fabinho.

My comment was meant as I wouldnt play them two at CB.

Its a big game for Jones.
    Appreciate that LEGS, cheers.

Massive for Jones, yeah. Hope he gets an opportunity or two to drive into space. He'll have inconsistent performances as he develops but he is willing to give things a go.

Think the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday before Leicester will give the chance to get Kabak into the fold.

@Jozza personally I would worry with Phillips against City. But time will tell..