Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LFWD in Mane's absence

LFWD in Mane's absence

What are anyone else's thoughts on this, for me personally everytime we have been without Mane, whoever the opposition is, we have been absolutely shite and not in any kind of rhythm whenever Jurgen has fielded a player there who doesn't make the runs in behind looking to be played in or to open up the space for Robbo and to link with Robbo, be that Origi (far too many times) Jota twice or Shaq tonight

The only player we have who has facilitated us playing as we usually do in Mane's absence in all the games and of all the players Jurgen has played there has been Oxlade, he showed that last season scoring 3 in 3 in Mane's absence, made the runs, linked with Robbo, did everything Mane usually does, not to the same level, but did the most important part in keeping our balance and ways to stretch teams and facilitated us playing as we usually do when at our best

I do NOT understand why we didn't play him there tonight, why he didn't come on there as a sub at least when we hadn't had a single run in behind or smart link up and move with Robbo all game, I just don't get it, every time Jurgen does it I go into Agent Smith mode "Why Mr Anderson, why, why WHY, WHY do you persist?"

it's never fucking worked with any of those other players, why not give Ox a start when he's the only player who's made it work
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Neto or Barnes in the summer

WTF is LFWD ? left forward wide ?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Neto or Barnes in the summer
    Yep mentioned those two earlier both excellent young players.

But will they be able to break down low blocks?? its ok when you get space to run into off the back of the opposition when they push on in full back areas. But when teams play with basically 2 full backs. ie their wide players play so deep they may as well play fullback.
    Thats when WE struggle. I doubt many teams play low block against Wolves for instance.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    WTF is LFWD ? left forward wide ?
    I'll throw one put there as a cheap and 3rd choice resort. What ye think of taking a chance dámarai gray from Leicester. Out of contract and on a free. He had lots of potential, quick and direct. Not sure what has gone wrong for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I'll throw one put there as a cheap and 3rd choice resort. What ye think of taking a chance dámarai gray from Leicester. Out of contract and on a free. He had lots of potential, quick and direct. Not sure what has gone wrong for him though.
    Scratch that, already sold to leverkusen.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    But will they be able to break down low blocks?? its ok when you get space to run into off the back of the opposition when they push on in full back areas. But when teams play with basically 2 full backs. ie their wide players play so deep they may as well play fullback.
    Thats when WE struggle. I doubt many teams play low block against Wolves for instance.
    You can at least stretch them wide and have the forwards work between their full back and CB and try to have at least one midfielder joining bobby and have balance with attacks and variation coming from both sides and try and work triangles with that to release the forward or full back wide or through the channel

We broke down low blocks consistently last season through doing those things and winning second balls from trying to go over the top

We should try a fair few direct balls dropping just over the defence first half, have the analysis team detail where the opposition are clearing to or who and tweak off that to win second balls second half

kabak brings the ball out a lot and i think that’s the next evolution of this team.

gomez tried but he can’t get past the halfway line before having a nose bleed and passing sideways.

having a fast cb like kabak who is not afraid to break the opposition lines with runs into their half totally upsets the opposition’s shape bringing the whole front line into play and in crucially space.

klopp engineered a masterstroke for 2 seasons with the full backs, but our personnel is now different with thiago and jota.

firmino’s days are numbered and he was ready to be phased out if not for jota’s injury.

we will see a new version of this liverpool team IF we can get the two new cb’s to settle in and the three of thiago, hendo and fab, this season.

firmino has to go though. he isn’t fit for purpose anymore. i wouldn’t even have him as a 10 in that three in the middle as he is probably the sloppiest player in this team alongside mane.

Mane and Bobby are both class, Virgil and Matip both successfully drive the ball forward, both play excellent diagonals to the opposite flank and balls over the top, we have the 2 best CBs in the league, both out for the season a huge difference is our collective press not being as good through missing players too, we can no longer squeeze teams until the pips come out