Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LFWD in Mane's absence

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    kabak brings the ball out a lot and i think that’s the next evolution of this team.

gomez tried but he can’t get past the halfway line before having a nose bleed and passing sideways.

having a fast cb like kabak who is not afraid to break the opposition lines with runs into their half totally upsets the opposition’s shape bringing the whole front line into play and in crucially space.

klopp engineered a masterstroke for 2 seasons with the full backs, but our personnel is now different with thiago and jota.

firmino’s days are numbered and he was ready to be phased out if not for jota’s injury.

we will see a new version of this liverpool team IF we can get the two new cb’s to settle in and the three of thiago, hendo and fab, this season.

firmino has to go though. he isn’t fit for purpose anymore. i wouldn’t even have him as a 10 in that three in the middle as he is probably the sloppiest player in this team alongside mane.
    Agree with most
    But you dont just dump players.
    Klopp is loyal to his players that have given him everything over 5years.
    You dont just shit on them and throw in the bin.
    Evidently the front 3 have given goals assists and trophies.
    And soon they will be revised.
    But give it 18 months
    A new front line will emerge.
    And we go again.
    Also in midfield too.
    Defence and GK is fine for another 4 or 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mane and Bobby are both class, Virgil and Matip both successfully drive the ball forward, both play excellent diagonals to the opposite flank and balls over the top, we have the 2 best CBs in the league, both out for the season a huge difference is our collective press not being as good through missing players too, we can no longer squeeze teams until the pips come out
    Personally I think Bobby has passed his peak. Weve had the same personnel for nearly 3 years thats a long time and one if the reasons we've been sussed out a bit.
    We need to change things up and his role and current performance level are the obvious ones to point to.

Firmino is class apart from being a non scoring centre forward.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Dont think there is anything wrong with the personell to be honest. They just need to play quicker and with more intensity. Move the ball quicker when the gaps are there. We've become so pedestrian, it's like watching peak Rodgers at the moment. I honestly feel like i've been watching the same game on repeat for most of the season.

Thiago and Gini should not be playing in the same side, especially against the bus parkers. Gini especially, he doesnt release the ball quick enough and his first thought is safety.

I do think our priorities for the summer should be a striker and a fast winger.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Dont think there is anything wrong with the personell to be honest. They just need to play quicker and with more intensity. Move the ball quicker when the gaps are there. We've become so pedestrian, it's like watching peak Rodgers at the moment. I honestly feel like i've been watching the same game on repeat for most of the season.

Thiago and Gini should not be playing in the same side, especially against the bus parkers. Gini especially, he doesnt release the ball quick enough and his first thought is safety.

Totally agree we need to play quicker instead we are like City but we dont have the players to do it.

The short season and injuries have stopped us playing a quicker tempo.

Hopefully next season is normal with fans with players getting a proper pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Totally agree we need to play quicker instead we are like City but we dont have the players to do it.

The short season and injuries have stopped us playing a quicker tempo.

Hopefully next season is normal with fans with players getting a proper pre season.
    let's hoep we make top4

will be us or chelsea if they win tonight

they've not shown what they can do yet either

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Firmino is class apart from being a non scoring centre forward.
    He is class. I just think the player he was isnt there anymore. Hes getting older and hes hard a few years hard slog at LFC. We need to change what and how we are doing things.
    You said on the match thread we need a different option in the middle, agree with that. The forward line have been together a long time, I've said that for a good portion of this season and Carragher was talking about it recently saying most forward lines have maybe 2 seasons max before someone new arrives.
    We have to evolve into something different and maybe that was going to start this season but has been stopped in its tracks. We cant carry on doing the same and being the same and expect to stay where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

I completely agree, it's more the lack of consistency of personnel and formation and those who are missing, we've not been able to play our best 11 in a single game this season, which was to be a season of evolution and change and you need the 2 who were bought largely for those purposes playing with the other 9 or 10 best players regularly for that evolution to take place

I think we did try to play more like UAE FC and look to pass through teams and ditched the more direct stuff and that was a huge mistake and played a lot of players out of form and broke down several playing relationships and interactions that were really important to us. Ironically, this at a time when they've been making significant strides this season to play more like we have the last 2 at times.

I think we needed to keep our direct play and add more playing through ability over time

I think it has all got to Jurgen a little, the injuries and the VAR and the VAR has definitely affected our form and confidence having robbed us of 9 points, despite our recent form, we'd actually still be top but for that.

Trying to play through teams and ditching the direct stuff without our best players and ever being able to field a consistent line up for a run of games all season was a catastrophic error in my opinion, we shouldn't have been ditching it at all, but adding ability to play through teams to it gradually over time.

Some really curious decisions from Jurgen in selections also, last night and Burnley being prime examples, our left side has been our most potent for a long time, yet through his selections in some games against park the bus sides he has nullified it himself and allowed them to play even narrower and focus on stopping attacks from our right and because everything is coming from the right, and he has made it easy from them to play far narrower, they get set and comfortable in a pattern of defending all too easily because the pattern of the attacks isn't changing and is entirely predictable.

Whenever he plays a player who doesn't make runs in behind and play on the line mixing it up between playing wide or between the RB and RCB at LFWD we're always incredibly predictable and poor and struggle to score, it's been that way for 3 seasons, fielding any player there who doesn't do those things and constantly comes short, like Origi, Shaq or Jota just completely nullifies Robbo and Gini and our entire left side and our midfield through a lack of options and runners, yet he's done it so many times and it's never fucking worked, I don't get that he can't see it, again, it's never worked
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He is class. I just think the player he was isnt there anymore. Hes getting older and hes hard a few years hard slog at LFC. We need to change what and how we are doing things.
    You said on the match thread we need a different option in the middle, agree with that. The forward line have been together a long time, I've said that for a good portion of this season and Carragher was talking about it recently saying most forward lines have maybe 2 seasons max before someone new arrives.
    We have to evolve into something different and maybe that was going to start this season but has been stopped in its tracks. We cant carry on doing the same and being the same and expect to stay where we are.
    I have never been 100% a fan of Firmino..he has glimpses of excellency. But over all. ive never been a massive admirer of his.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Mane got the balloon door vote from Messi last time round iirc. Always a hard player to replace as hes nearly as profilic as Salah, more clinical and does a fair bit more of the ball running, tackling and intercepting too - even overtaken Bobby on that metric for some time.

A terribly hard player to replace as hes the complete package of our front 3. His goal return this season has been poorer though.

Origi a good shout from our squad and the other night I was hoping Klopp would put Bobby on the left wing, Salah top and Shaq right. Another option would have been to play 4231 again salah top, Bobby 10, Shaq right and Milner left, with 2 6s.