Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The rest of the season

It's such a shame that we aren't functioning in either box at the moment.

If we were looking defensively solid (ha!) we could consider conceding possession, sitting in and trying to hit other sides on the break, as something HAS to change and pronto - but that doesn't look an option at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's such a shame that we aren't functioning in either box at the moment.

If we were looking defensively solid (ha!) we could consider conceding possession, sitting in and trying to hit other sides on the break, as something HAS to change and pronto - but that doesn't look an option at present.
    That's what we did second half v Leipzig in the main, only reverting back to type when 2-0 up somewhat.

The system has to adapt to the players available.

Today, I didn't have the best stream but a clearance from defense to one of our wide forwards up the pitch didnt seem to be on the menu.

Lots of passing around at the back instead and hendo injured dribbling out of defence, could have hoofed it up the pitch and possibly prevented his injury.

No desire to beat the press by going over it. Instead an insistence in overpaying the ball.

It's like we wont do what we've hated other teams doing to us.

Might help if he'd play defenders in defence and midfielders in midfield. Round pegs and all that. I'd have told Klopp to get fuckes if I'd been Nat Phillips. He's been treated awfully this last few months. He's not put a foot wrong when called upon. Kabak has come straight into the side.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Might help if he'd play defenders in defence and midfielders in midfield. Round pegs and all that. I'd have told Klopp to get fuckes if I'd been Nat Phillips. He's been treated awfully this last few months. He's not put a foot wrong when called upon. Kabak has come straight into the side.
    yep

why sign davies?? phillips is gonna be let go at end of season, as no contract

Joke

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

Today, I didn't have the best stream but a clearance from defense to one of our wide forwards up the pitch didnt seem to be on the menu.

Lots of passing around at the back instead and hendo injured dribbling out of defence, could have hoofed it up the pitch and possibly prevented his injury.
    I think a couple of early miscues in the match due to the wind put our players off trying it much, due to fear of losing the ball. However, you either have to adapt your technique to compensate or you have to be better at the alternative - the floor game - where we were poor today - Everton had to deal with the wind too so we can't use it as an excuse. Just have to adjust.

I was "happy enough" for a 10-minute spell of the second half of that match - we were moving the ball more quickly and it would arrive at the recipient with a bit of zip on it - but the rest of the game was poor and there's no excuse for that.

A lot of frustrated Reds tonight and rightly so.

Twice in recent games we’ve had a CB go off injured during a game. The constant changes to the CB pairing is killing us

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Twice in recent games we’ve had a CB go off injured during a game. The constant changes to the CB pairing is killing us
    the 18th centre back pairing this season. But we've been the worst Champions ever !!

If he'd stop playing midfielders at the back we might not be in this situation.

What I would say is that it's clear that there isn't an obvious answer or reason to our form. Firmino, Mane, Salah Wij, TTA, Ali, Klopp, the owners, injuries, officials, VAR have all come under fire at some point (or most) of the season.