Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    What I would say is that it's clear that there isn't an obvious answer or reason to our form. Firmino, Mane, Salah Wij, TTA, Ali, Klopp, the owners, injuries, officials, VAR have all come under fire at some point (or most) of the season.
    The fact that with injuries having worked out as they have the players we let go particularly lallana and lovren would have been extremely useful and arguably a lot better than what we have been left with is all the more sickening

Eggy, odds on Lallanas out injured if he was here

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Eggy, odds on Lallanas out injured if he was here
    Ha yeah more than likely. Think he’s been out twice for Brighton already.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Ha yeah more than likely. Think he’s been out twice for Brighton already.
    We've still got a few BUPA sponsored players to get shut of, it won't be easy though because no-one wants players who spend more time in the physio room than on the pitch. They are literally stealing a living from the club.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

We need 2.3 points per remaining game to reach 70 points to get 4th by my calculations. If West Ham continue at current rate of point scoring they will hit 68 points. Worryingly that’s title winning form for this season stretched out over the full season. Over 38 games it would bring us to 87 points. Tall order.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We need 2.3 points per remaining game to reach 70 points to get 4th by my calculations. If West Ham continue at current rate of point scoring they will hit 68 points. Worryingly that’s title winning form for this season stretched out over the full season. Over 38 games it would bring us to 87 points. Tall order.
    Doubt we'll get fourth, need to make sure we keep our mentality, don't let the prem officiating bollocks affect us and always concentrate on the positives and are bouyant and super energised and intense every time we set foot on the pitch in Champions League games in the expectation of something resembling a level playing field
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Doubt we'll get fourth, need to make sure we keep our mentality, don't let the prem officiating bollocks affect us and always concentrate on the positives and are bouyant and super energised and intense every time we set foot on the pitch in Champions League games in the expectation of something resembling a level playing field
    Yesterday
    Really a penalty.
    That ref looked once at the replay
    Happy to give it rapid.
    Same muppet as Goodison and vvd.

Their goal not even var checked.

If we scored they fine comb it back to the kick off !! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Yesterday
    Really a penalty.
    That ref looked once at the replay
    Happy to give it rapid.
    Same muppet as Goodison and vvd.

Their goal not even var checked.

If we scored they fine comb it back to the kick off !! Haha
    He didn't even watch the full replay once, the cunt was on camera and the replay he was watching didn't show the angle from the side that showed is was no way on earth a foul, but a blatant dive, maybe down to that bent cunt Marriner doing the VAR and selecting which imagery he got to view, although in truth, he very obviously wasn't interested in viewing it at all
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He couldn't wait to give it, he'd made his mind up. Only looked at the replay because he was told to.

The last crumb of comfort for me for our League season (and it really is a crumb) is that we have a decent number of games in the latter stages against sides who won't be competing for Top Four, nor fighting to save themselves from relegation.

But realistically, given that we can't seem to buy a point right now, it feels like we're looking at the Lottery aspect of the Champion's League, with the bits of luck, moments of inspiration and improved standard of refereeing that we might pull off something wonderful at the last.

Can't pretend I'm in any way confident in that regard right now, but we were much poorer (on paper) than Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan in '05 yet still managed, with Di Matteo's Chelsea also having been far from the favourites the year they won it.

We'd need to start getting some results though to give ourselves some self-belief. The second leg against Leipzig isn't a guarantee despite our huge advantage in the tie.