Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So your tactic is to keep on with the same tactic that stopped working a year ago?

It broke down mainly due to the natural ageing process accelerated by fatigue/burn out all compounded by asking too much of too few.

At some point you have to accept that the human body and mind are both fallible - they weaken over time.
    Absolute nonsense Steveo, read my lengthy post and explain to me, based on how we did play, what other we of playing we could adopt that was as incredibly faituge and energy saving as the way we were playing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

FFS

Diogo Jota moment changed Liverpool's season and forward now under pressure to save it

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...aking-19902832
    Another example of poor journalism from the Echo, there's precious little wonder when I did my world cup site I absolutely wiped the floor with long established football writers, because they understand the game about as well as most referees, it's just nostalgic aspirational fairy tale telling that is a million miles away from what actually happened, if you actually understand football and what made our side so formidable, the same as writing about fatigue and burn out of a team who were playing in a way that allowed them to conserve energy and suffer as little fatigue as possible, then they'd realise they were writing jibberish

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Absolute nonsense Steveo, read my lengthy post and explain to me, based on how we did play, what other we of playing we could adopt that was as incredibly faituge and energy saving as the way we were playing
    Not 100% sure what you mean here.

You seem to be asking what other way we needed to play..?

That is not what I am talking about. The template could have been left alone but you need more players to keep such a high intensity game going without the inevitable drop in performance. We cannot forget that this breakdown has arisen despite bumming off all domestic cups.

You need to be able to rotate players which Klopp clearly has not been able to do.

19X will only slag him off when he misses a few chances, unlike his beloved bobby it's unacceptable for Jota to miss anything

like before he got injured stupid prick

he's not even a number 9 his goal record at wolves wasn't the best, I don't expect him to score a stupid amount, more than bobby though

Think the poor fella has issues.

Now, when Jota returns I expect him to score goals, I rate Jota more highly than anyone else on this forum, I spent 2 years watching as many Wolves games that didn't clash with our for that reason, he is a more clinical and better finisher than Bobby, without any doubt whatsoever

But, re the fairytale, changing things, so many things when bringing Jota in is the reason we lost our form and automation and ability to do things as quickly and as well as we did, people take my comments on such things entirely the wrong way, that is in no way shape or form a dig at Jota, love the guy brilliant player, but Jurgen and the coaching staff really shouldn't have changed those things and so devastatingly broke down aspects of our play and the automation of it that were so devastatingly effective when introducing Diogo, it was absolutely needless and uneccesary, especially as bar that Atlanta game which was definitely a 3 up top with Mane and Mo taking different positions and making different runs, it patently hasn't worked and most of Jota's goals came through passages of play from the team playing from muscle memory and reverting to what had always worked for them.

It's the same with Fab, it isn't a slight on Fab, he doesn't play in a way that supports the fluid midfield 3 that was our best midfield we've had since Jurgen arrived in his absence, that's not Fab's fault, I know how he plays. what his strong points are and what his limitations are, the same as with most of our players, the point was always given there was an evolution in his absence, Jurgen shouldn't have brought him back in until the coaching staff had worked with him so he could slot in like clockwork into a fluid midfield 3, both things aren't digs at the player, they are more digs at Jurgen and the coaching staff over what I view as very bad errors

I've watched Jota for 2 years prior to him coming here, having done that, in my mind there is absolutely no question whatsoever that the changes Jurgen made to what Mane and Mo did, which had a hugely negative effect on Mane and Robbo's form in particular, were entirely unecessary and it is those changes that have buggered everything else up

Listen to the players

As detailed, I've always spent considerable time watching other people and listening to their conversations and studying other people like you're an alien species, I am incredibly astute and very sharp and quick to spot things and pick up on things, and in his recent Sky interview Trent completely gave the game away, it wasn't meant, it wasn't a dig in any way shape of form, just an exceptional young lad being candid and open and less guarded in interview

Interviewer "Would you say you changed things since last season"

Trent "Yeah, we've change quite a lot, probably too much"

Tells it's own story Steveo, straight from the horses mouth, things have been, were changed that he obviously didn't think helped or worked as well

Not 100% sure what you mean here.

You seem to be asking what other way we needed to play..?

That is not what I am talking about. The template could have been left alone but you need more players to keep such a high intensity game going without the inevitable drop in performance. We cannot forget that this breakdown has arisen despite bumming off all domestic cups.

You need to be able to rotate players which Klopp clearly has not been able to do.
    That makes no sense Steveo, other teams do it, without having to constantly chop and change and out of all teams, our way of playing was the most fatigue reducing and protecting, which is why we were able to play at the levels we did so consistently

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That makes no sense Steveo, other teams do it, without having to constantly chop and change and out of all teams, our way of playing was the most fatigue reducing and protecting, which is why we were able to play at the levels we did so consistently
    Other teams do indeed do it - and they do it with bigger squads.

But keep trying

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    19X will only slag him off when he misses a few chances, unlike his beloved bobby it's unacceptable for Jota to miss anything

like before he got injured stupid prick

he's not even a number 9 his goal record at wolves wasn't the best, I don't expect him to score a stupid amount, more than bobby though
    I won't be slating Jota at all, I love the guy, he is a miles more clinical finisher than Bobby, absolutely no doubt or question about it, I was never slating Jota as you lot perceived it in the first place, I was bemoaning the completely unecessary changes Jurgen and the coaching staff made to what the other forwards did and how that affected our full backs and everything else when they brought him in, there was absolutely no need to do that and it is that that has caused so much of what we did brilliantly for 3 seasons to break down, that's not on Jota, it's on Jurgen and the coaching staff

Other teams do indeed do it - and they do it with bigger squads.

But keep trying
    City only change one or two most games and quite often none despite their massive squad, there are numerous players who for 3 seasons barely ever played, Sterling and a few others play virtually every game, in all competitions, League, Champions League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup, even in this fixture congested season of madness

But keep trying