Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: The rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    His recent press conference suggests the term mental fatigue had nothing to do with mental health (which isn’t a diagnosis) fair enough. Says we just weren’t fresh enough. Has lallana pissed off with the Nivea sponsor??

Not sure how much fresher you can be?

Think Steveo or cctv mentioned that we should’ve freshened up the squad to be able to compete in one of the transfer windows. On the highest level. Quality and quantity have to be used in combination here. The likes of united, Chelsea and City to an extent dominated because they had a subs bench better than most teams.

No true competition in the ranks at all and when there’s is, they aren’t used when they’re playing well.
    I dont think the mental fatigue as anything to do with the facts we have failed to score in half a dozen games of late.
    Just the lack of attacking options in the final 3rd. Apart from Jota.. we havent had any long term injuries of note. We only have 1 centre forward in the club and hes a false number 9.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

next season the owners need to stop worrying about the coffers and refuse to have so many 12:30 kick offs.
    And as well. they need to understand has fans. WE HATE seeing the likes of Baldy winning.. and dip into the funds and give Klopp has much has he requires.

Next season there will be much tinkering...and that's not a pop at the Traveller community..

Let's just beat UAE FC, trust either new CB alongside Fab and have a run of games with our best midfield Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum and our long term best front 3 up top, get all the relationships and interactions working as well as ever but with a little more variation with Thiago in midfield, ease Jota back to full fitness as a supersub initially and have the option to bring Davies on for one of the mids to move Fab to an out and out sitting DM where he's played at his best for us to see games out and see where that takes us

No constantly dropping off players at LFWD, give Ox a start if Mane's rested and use Jota at No9 or RFWD and if when back to full fitness Jota does usurp Bobby the if we give Mo 20 minutes rest get Bobby on for him with Jota moving to RFWD
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    So basically, what you're saying is, those 8-10 balls didn't find a team mate, they went to an opponent ?. What we should do now is call those passes wasteful instead, because if that would have been Fabinho attempting them, that's how you would have described them. It's only fair don't you think ?. When these so called sublime passes regularly find a team mate, i will gladly praise him for his contributions, until then i will continue to be puzzled as to why he's yet to make a difference to the team. Criticising youngsters who have only just come into the team seems to be normal, but when a player has won so many titles, has to wait until certain players are alongside him before he shows his true form then maybe he isn't or won't be as good as people think.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    So basically, what you're saying is, those 8-10 balls didn't find a team mate, they went to an opponent ?. What we should do now is call those passes wasteful instead, because if that would have been Fabinho attempting them, that's how you would have described them. It's only fair don't you think ?. When these so called sublime passes regularly find a team mate, i will gladly praise him for his contributions, until then i will continue to be puzzled as to why he's yet to make a difference to the team. Criticising youngsters who have only just come into the team seems to be normal, but when a player has won so many titles, has to wait until certain players are alongside him before he shows his true form then maybe he isn't or won't be as good as people think.
    No, those balls didn't go straight to an opponent, some went out, some went to the keeper, they were each and everyone of them top quality that had the forwards been more alive to and aware of the new possibilities Thiago brings, playing together in a settled side they'd have been on the end of, all balls that if the forwards were switched on and more used to and aware of they'd have comfortably got to first and been in

In a way what Thiago is doing is prompting and trying to initiate the greater variation of movement to unlock teams and it will click, it's part of the process

The problem with Thiago is I was hoping he was going to be a midfield match winner ,but the early indications are he's more a keep the ball moving, setter upper type of player. If Mo and Sadio don't score we seem to be fucked, to put it politely. As there's no goals coming from the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The problem with Thiago is I was hoping he was going to be a midfield match winner ,but the early indications are he's more a keep the ball moving, setter upper type of player. If Mo and Sadio don't score we seem to be fucked, to put it politely. As there's no goals coming from the midfield.
    He's a setter upper, assist but mostly pass before the assist type, quite hopeful we belatedly do more with our full backs, they should have been contributing the goals an attacking midfielder they're played so high in placw of would these last 2 seasons, especially Robbo, he should have scored 8-10 both seasons, he got played in through the channel between their RB and RCB in great positions to so many times and against ptb teams at that

One thing all our players need educating on is playing the percentages in certain situations instead of trying to score the perfect goal, they're not even remotely streetwise or savvy at that, Robbo wasted practically every single one of his golden opportunities trying to pick a 3-4 yard centre, when we were never scoring like that and were far more likely to score if he'd gone for goal smashing it across the keeper for the bottom corner, he scores, keeper saves and our lad or one of their defenders bundles the parry in

Whenever our forwards mids or fbs are looking for a pass across to a player the path to is blocked they need to just drill in a shot that side and play the percentages we'd likely score another 15-20 goals a season doing that

Look at jesus' goal v Burnley, Silva hit his shot as he did, where he did for exactly the reasons i'm talking about, he knew if the keeper saved it there was a good chance it would fall to Jesus to bundle home

We're really clueless at things like that

I just read that Southampton have won one of their last nine matches, and that was against us. Everything I'm seeing, hearing, and reading is increasingly making me think that this season is going to be a complete 'right off', which could well end up having some very bad knock on effects.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I just read that Southampton have won one of their last nine matches, and that was against us. Everything I'm seeing, hearing, and reading is increasingly making me think that this season is going to be a complete 'right off', which could well end up having some very bad knock on effects.
    Brighton will lose next time they play. they will be suffering from FATIGUE having run themselves into the ground against us