Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Under-investment

Under klopp

Probably after summer 2019 and before Taki Minaminos arrival in January 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The fact that on Klopp's watch we have managed to do so well is not something to pat the owners on the back for.. Just my opinion though - well aware that many think they are AMAZING!
    I think your mockery of the alternate position reveals you to have a prejudice. In your opinion praise for the owners is axiomatically some kind of naiveté or sycophancy, and you couldn't be found to partake in it, no matter how good they are.

Why is that? Because they are foreigners, or just because they are business minded?

The alternate view is to recognise that they have stewarded the club back to success, which is exactly what we would want and need our owners to do if we want the club to experience winning. I'll go further than that and say I think some of their methods and good conduct actually have amazed me. I look around the Premiership and feel gratitude we have them above the others.

I have asked you in the past which club you think is better run than ours but I realise it gets you a bit too close to admitting they are actually very competent for your liking.

Do everyone a favour and stick to the script.

This is a thread asking about a lack of investment ‘under investment. You can keep changing the questions to suit your own transparent agenda all you like. Silence at the blame cast on players and the manager yet leaping to the defence of the owners when a NET spend table is produced.

Seriously Taksin - carry on believing what you will and I will happily do the same.

You don't like a challenging conversation, it seems.

If the thread was called 'net spend' there'd be no real argument. (I actually suspect the chart is wrong in some ways, but that doesn't bother me)

The phrase 'under investment' is an accusation. It is not identical with net spend. It implies negligence and is being used as an explanation for where we are now.

You can't keep throwing my 'silence' at me, by the way - more of your own side-stepping of the argument. My silence implies nothing. I have limited time and enjoy taking on certain debates. I also have plenty to say in defence of the players and the manager - I feel no need to defend myself against you on that front. If you have a specific accusation against the players someone has made somewhere that you wish me to comment on, feel free to ask.

You are making a moral clam about the owners and drawing inferences as to what their immoral behaviour has caused. I think you're wrong. If you want to say other things on here I am free to pick you up on them, as I have in the previous post.

Stop telling me to keep quiet while insulting me at the same time. It's babyish.

I don't see where I have asked you to keep quiet..? If I did then sorry.

Forgive me but this thread is about the 'level of investment' - the title is indeed a little accusatory and I simply posted
    the last 5 years combined NET spend list from the very reputable Transfermarkt. It shows that we are well behind all of our rivals and plenty other clubs in that regard.

You seem unhappy that I have dared to post it. You haven't provided anything to discredit it but your own suspicions and are now trying to steer the conversation in the direction of how well run the club is....?

FSG will probably feel they spent good money on Thiago and Jota for Jurgen to evolve the team and he's made an almighty cock up of it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

You seem unhappy that I have dared to post it. You haven't provided anything to discredit it but your own suspicions and are now trying to steer the conversation in the direction of how well run the club is....?
    You have claimed net spend can be used to justify the accusation.

When asked about whether Arsenal there have seen superior investment I their squad, you were non committal, which implies net spend is only a part of the story.

When the argument is then made that the club has not in fact experienced under investment - it's clear for all to see, unless our eyes are deceiving us - you then claim all that is needed for the accusation to be true is to look at the net spend chart.

So the chart is either an absolute measure or it isn't. You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You have claimed net spend can be used to justify the accusation.

When asked about whether Arsenal there have seen superior investment I their squad, you were non committal, which implies net spend is only a part of the story.

When the argument is then made that the club has not in fact experienced under investment - it's clear for all to see, unless our eyes are deceiving us - you then claim all that is needed for the accusation to be true is to look at the net spend chart.

So the chart is either an absolute measure or it isn't. You can't have it both ways.
    NET spend IS only part of the story. I have never said it was everything. NET spend is however important.You seem to be suggesting that I can only post the chart IF it represents everything. Who has everything?

Seems a perfectly appropriate place to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    FSG will probably feel they spent good money on Thiago and Jota for Jurgen to evolve the team and he's made an almighty cock up of it
    They might also have watched last night's game and wondered if we over spent on our goalkeeper. But he is the acceptable face of FSG investment on this thread.

So, knee-jerk arguments need to be examined a bit before jumping to conclusions (or indulging our prejudices).