Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Under-investment

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its simple do you wants us to buy quality players or not? I watched Carragher mention how much our top players have played ie amount of games over the last 3 years. They are bound to run out of steam. Or are you happy with them doing it again next season
    Of course, but my point was, the players who are already here should have beaten those teams, whether it was a full strength team or not. It's ok for Carragher to come out and say those things, but in that time, they won the CL and the title, i didn't hear the word tiredness used then. Can't keep blaming injuries everytime we hit a buffer, the squad should be big enough to see those teams off, that is down to Klopp and the players. The owners don't pick the team, and they don't have squad numbers.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    That’s what we need to buy more of, young really talented players with a point to prove. We have a squad stacked with experienced winners, we need a good injection of quality hungry young blood, ready to run through brick walls for the cause.
    Yep especially when parts of the squad are aging

And true but you'd think if he's half decent we'll snap up Kabak if we don't sign him, we must have another CB in our sights

So what if Phillips/Williams won't be here?

VVD
    Gomez
    Matip
    Davies

probably Kabak
    Fabinho

that's how FSG will see it, I think we should let phillips stay too, could be better than davies doubt they'll go and spend 50m+ on a top cb

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Of course, but my point was, the players who are already here should have beaten those teams, whether it was a full strength team or not. It's ok for Carragher to come out and say those things, but in that time, they won the CL and the title, i didn't hear the word tiredness used then. Can't keep blaming injuries everytime we hit a buffer, the squad should be big enough to see those teams off, that is down to Klopp and the players. The owners don't pick the team, and they don't have squad numbers.
    Ok, so people who want us to spend money. You are happy with them? good.. seems your conflicted. depending on who you are responding too.

We need real top quality. Like Halaand and Maddison (who i rate highly). that will cost loads.I know we have done well in getting bargains like Robbo.. but the rest have cost upwards of 25 million.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

has for tiredness its been Klopp himself whos been mentioning it numerous times. I agree we should have beaten the smaller teams. But you have to be up physically for every minute of every game even against the so called lesser lights.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Ok, so people who want us to spend money. You are happy with them? good.. seems your conflicted. depending on who you are responding too.

We need real top quality. Like Halaand and Maddison (who i rate highly). that will cost loads.I know we have done well in getting bargains like Robbo.. but the rest have cost upwards of 25 million.
    My views are consistent, they are also my own i'm not a sheep, therefore i will come to my own conclusions, i don't care how many agree or disagree with my comments. I don't come on here to bash the owners, enough do that already, they have made mistakes but they are not the only ones. Speaking of those small teams, we beat them and there is no Winter essay or no Carragher wisdom.
    Last edited by skyebo; 9th February 2021 at 03:09 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

My views are consistent, they are also my own i'm not a sheep, therefore i will come to my own conclusions, i don't care how many agree or disagree with my comments. I don't come on here to bash the owners, enough do that already, they have made mistakes but they are not the only ones. Speaking of those small teams, we beat them and there is no Winter essay or no Carragher wisdom.

Good that you don't follow the crowd, but to be fair Skye - IF Spurs beat us in the 2019 final - everything that has transpired since might well be very different too.

I am not happy with the net spend but there is no way I can discount the injuries. Come on it is a simple reality that any team with multiple injuries will find games far harder - especially in such a competitive league.

The focus right now is all on the massive gulf between the team with a couple of individuals present ( Virgil and Gomez) and them missing. A lack of genuine senior cover.. Cover is not stealing from Peter to Pay Paul.. Fabinho is a Midfielder - so is Hendo both absolutely crucial to our game.

Even at full strength last February we saw the drop in energy. Can mitigate that with having all but won the title - doesn't work for the CL though or the games this season before injuries mounted.

Players will get tired skye - they are humans. I hope I am wrong but you seem to be saying they can't or nobody can use it as evidence because it wasn't mentioned when we were winning the CL or Title. That if they were not tired in 2019 they cannot be tired now.? If I have you right then this is clearly a ridiculous belief.

The fact that the squad "should be big enough" is precisely why some of us believe a lack of investment on players is the root cause. Some have been saying it in the immediate aftermath of the 2019 final in Madrid.

3 - Alisson/Adrian/Kelleher

2 - Trent/Neco
    2 - Robbo/Tsimi
    7 -VVD/Gomez/Matip/Philips Williams/Kabak/Davies

8-Fabinho/Hendo/Gini/Thiago Keita/Oxlade/Milner/Jones

6- Salah/Shaq/Bobby/Jota/Mane/Origi

28 in the squad now - 27 prior to 2 new centre backs

City

3 Ederson/Steffen/Carson

2 Walker/Cancello

2 Mendy/Zinchenko

6 Dias/Laporte/Stones/Ake/Garcia/Sandler

5 Rodri/Fernandinho/Gundogan/KdB/Foden

6 Silva/Torres/Kunt/Jesus/Sterling/Mahrez

24 in the squad

Obviously spending about an extra half a billion gross and/or net makes a difference.

Most of the difference in the defenders peps bought.
    Last edited by CCTV; 9th February 2021 at 04:37 PM.

What in the everlasting fook has Manchester Cities squad got to do with our levels of investment and 27 point reduction on last year @game 23?

City have a squad that competes for 4 trophies a season. They spend money like it grows on trees - so what..? Who cares about City?

I think you have to take the spending of City into account and here is why.

FSG probably think like Spurs/Arsenal what is the point of spending an extra lets say £40-60m when the difference in money back is small.

Some wont like this but the reality is out of 5 seasons you would guess City win at least 3 of them possibly 4.

I do however think it is clear we need FSG to spend extra just in case they have a collapse season so we can nip in potentially.

FSG have been unlucky with the timing of Covid as well we havent had chance to make the most of it and im bitter as a fan we didnt get the parade we deserved.

FSG wont change we know that, so we all know what the other option is and how many fans are going to admit they want a sugar daddy ?!

Our league at the minute is lucky it is competitive to some degree but if this lot at City bought United instead the league would be like Germany/France with only one winner.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Kunt
    hes really called that??