Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Under-investment

@ Taksin

At no point have I suggested that the club wanted to sell Coutinho. You can see that from everything you have posted as evidence to the contrary.

What I said to Ian was an explanation of WHY the purse strings were loosened. That point stands. Again - look at the NET Spend table.

It all comes back to what I said at the very beginning in response to you.

Thank god Coutts wanted to leave and made it his business - otherwise those funds most likely would not have been there. .

Thank god barca got totally ripped off!

Think clubs may be more aware in the future after that.... mind doubt we'll get so lucky again.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    this seems entirely reasonable to me
    Which probably means it is complete baloney.

Choose CCTV’s hunches over the evidence

I'm pretty sure we would have signed Alisson too regardless of what Coutinho was doing. The only blessing in disguise of that CL final defeat was it convinced Klopp that neither keeper were good enough. You don't win titles with average keepers, thank god we signed him.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Which probably means it is complete baloney.

Choose CCTV’s hunches over the evidence
    which evidence?

all you have is your post hoc ergo propter hoc argument

Just because one thing follows another does not mean one thing caused the other.

That is your hunch, Steveo. It isn't evidence. It doesn't have a rounded and informed feel to it, as CCTV's comments do.

which evidence?

Just because one thing follows another does not mean one thing caused the other.

That is your hunch, Steveo. It isn't evidence. It doesn't have a rounded and informed feel to it, as CCTV's comments do.
    Some will blame the owners for lack of investment, others will point the finger at Klopp for having money but not spending enough of it. The truth could be somewhere in the middle.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

At no point have I suggested that the club wanted to sell Coutinho.
    these arguments always get stuck on your unusual relationship with language, Steveo

We sold Coutinho to fund that Ian.

And we did sell Coutinho to fund it.

If you do something in order to do something else, you do the first thing because you want to do it.

To draw that conclusion from what you have said (never mind to see it 'suggested'), is an entirely orthodox use of language.

which evidence?

Erm - sadly for you it’s the NET spend table. It doesn’t talk and it doesn’t spin

these arguments always get stuck on your unusual relationship with language, Steveo

We sold Coutinho to fund that Ian.

And we did sell Coutinho to fund it.

If you do something in order to do something else, you do the first thing because you want to do it.

To draw that conclusion from what you have said (never mind to see it 'suggested'), is an entirely orthodox use of language.
    Yes we allowed him to leave - he wanted to go - tried to leave in August! Don’t you Remember any of this?

Oh look - at the very same time we tapped up Virgil...? naughty Klopp... Remember?

We didn’t HAVE to let him go. But we saw an opportunity to fleece Barca - no harm in that.

But that is not the same as the club wanting to sell him Taksin.

Please do try to keep up..

If I sell my house to fund my child’s operation - god forbid - is that the same as wanting to sell my house.??? WTF

You are just put out by that NET Spend table.

It is fact - not the opinion of myself - or you or Skyebo or anyone. It is the cold hard actual amount spent on buying players.

This one

Last edited by Steveo; 7th February 2021 at 04:19 PM.