Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5454849505152535455

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester City (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It was a pretty even game all in all, they didn't actually really create anything,astonished no-one has asked the question, but how is their CB not red carded for fouling Mo? The law's very clear, deliberate foul to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity no different to Christiansen's foul on Mane v Chelsea, it isn't subjective or open to interpretation, it's a red card
    Because he's not the last man. I thought so initially.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Thiago is a quandary to me. To me he shouldnt start in our first 11. How do you tell a 29 year old he is not first choice? I think a decision has to be made over him.
    I feel sorry for all parties. but sometimes you have to cut your loses.I dont wanna stand still. We need to win what we can now. we dont know what things will be like when Klopp goes.
    Only when we can pin teams with Henderson and fabhino In the middle will we see his benefit, he we will 10 yards further forward and with jota back a real foil for him to work with. He isn't fitting in atm but he will eventually I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    all this knee jerk doom and gloom. the team is struggling and so is klopp but we will get better. let the mockers and knockers laugh, we will make them eat their words next season when we are fully functioning.

all said and done, i think the 4-3-3 has had it’s day in all fairness.

the injury crisis has shown if we have 6 key players out and/or being played out of position, it’s just not working. that kind of system is not good enough now for a potentially great team like this which wants to contest titles.

a 4-4-2 diamond with two up top is worth considering. drop the two off form attackers on the bench.

it can accomodate for an injury too if one is out for a bit.

thiago or keita as the tip of the diamond and we have fab/hendo and a new cm as rotation in cm.

doesn’t require too much outlay in the summer either.

every cloud has a silver lining and all that. setbacks and failure are just an opportunity to learn. just hope klopp and his team use this opportunity to evolve this team.
    Can’t argue with any of that mate. Some kind a change is needed.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    all this knee jerk doom and gloom. the team is struggling and so is klopp but we will get better. let the mockers and knockers laugh, we will make them eat their words next season when we are fully functioning.

all said and done, i think the 4-3-3 has had it’s day in all fairness.

the injury crisis has shown if we have 6 key players out and/or being played out of position, it’s just not working. that kind of system is not good enough now for a potentially great team like this which wants to contest titles.

a 4-4-2 diamond with two up top is worth considering. drop the two off form attackers on the bench.

it can accomodate for an injury too if one is out for a bit.

thiago or keita as the tip of the diamond and we have fab/hendo and a new cm as rotation in cm.

doesn’t require too much outlay in the summer either.

every cloud has a silver lining and all that. setbacks and failure are just an opportunity to learn. just hope klopp and his team use this opportunity to evolve this team.
    We're struggling because we went about the evolution in the wrong way and players were played out of form through that and onfield relationships and interactions that were automatic breaking down and not functioning at the same level or doing things as quickly because of that

We played a diamond v West Ham, but it wasn't a conventional diamond, both forwards played wide most of the game and Gini didn't stay at a fixed point either, when he scored Thiago was in the No6 position

The fluid midfield 3 that happened last season was natural evolution of the team and using Thiago as the third mid in that was all that was ever needed to evolve it further and his passing to create greater variation of movement, but we ditched the fluid 3 before he even arrived, Klopp and the coaching staff have made a right fucking pigs ear of things since they made unforced changes to the team which at the time had been playing better than it ever had and was regularly breaking down low blocks without issue
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Keeping knee jerking and tinkering and changing things any time something didn't quite go as planned is the reason we're not near the same level right now, continuing fucking about with things and knee jerking absolutely isn't the solution to our issues, it's the fucking cause of them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”