Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester City (Match Thread)

Decent half as we grew into it bar the stupid foul by Fab for the pen

need to play it a little quicker and be a bit more direct at times when the opportunity is there to and it has been a few times when we've passed on trying what we're best at

Mane and Robbo on the left support by Thiago a couple of times that half, there's something maybe there, but both times Mane stayed wide with Robbo, like to see Mane make and outside in run for Thiago to find him through the lines as soon as Robbo's layed it back to Thiago in that same position second half
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Penalty apart City created absolutely nothing in the first half, we had 2 or 3 decent opportunities.
    54% possession 5 attempts 3 on target to City’s 2 attempts nothing on target.

We grew into that first half, decent performance.

Thiago worries me that A. he’s gonna get sent off and or B. he gives the ball away in poor positions trying to be too clever at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Definitely would have taken 0-0 at half-time so no complaints.
    We grew into the game as it went along.
    Which is encouraging given how dominant they were when the game started.

Their penalty miss might have helped to deflate them somewhat, but I'd expect them to come out guns blazing after the half so we should be prepared to match their intensity.

We just need for Mo and Bobby to wake up and make a nuisance of themselves in their box and give them something to worry about.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Yet again it's our final ball/shot that is lacking.

Kabak needs to come in for Henderson and Thiago/wijlandum need to make way.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Definitely would have taken 0-0 at half-time so no complaints.
    We need all three points, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    We have, but I'm not sure as to whether it's because we've been closing down quickly, because Man City are holding onto the ball in that central area longer than what they usually do, or a combination of the two.
    But you said our midfield became timid 🤔. Doesnt balance out. Our midfield has been good. The better of the 2. We just need to be more decisive near their box. Robertson in particular has been disappointing in attacking areas. Mane also missed a very good chance. So it is our final 3rd that has not been too sharp. But the middle has been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Decent half as we grew into it bar the stupid foul by Fab for the pen

need to play it a little quicker and be a bit more direct at times when the opportunity is there to and it has been a few times when we've passed on trying what we're best at

Mane and Robbo on the left support by Thiago a couple of times that half, there's something maybe there, but both times Mane stayed wide with Robbo, like to see Mane make and outside in run for Thiago to find him through the lines as soon as Robbo's layed it back to Thiago in that same position second half
    It wasn't a stupid foul by Fab.
    A lot of the commentators correctly noted that it was more Sterling being too clever and going down too easily - and inversely, Oliver being too weak a referee as most other referees likely would have overlooked that.

Sterling was never going to get that ball back so he did the only thing he had a play left in which was to go down as soon as he saw that trailing leg of Fab.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Decentish. Just need a bit more conviction in the final 3rd but I guess both could say that. Thiago has been sloppy at times giving the ball away with lazy passes.
    Dive or not that penalty is always getting given. He leaves his trailing leg there just enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Kabak needs to come in for Henderson and Thiago/wijlandum need to make way.
    Henderson playing a masterstroke as a quarterback, City players are even scared of him. When he has the ball they are scattering to defense and now he is strolling out with it.