Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester City (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The minute we bring Kabak on ,Pep bring Jesus on and it's a completely different game.
    It's like a game of chess.
    Yep - they have a striker. Can play that card. We need to be careful

We scared to commit on the counter. We scared of being caught on the counter after a counter. As soon as we break players flood forward by then the player with the ball is scared to continue running or to pass. Thinking about what could happen if we lose it. It seems we want to score in a controlled manner and not concede. We are scared if them in that regard.

Trent and Gini been great, both doing exactly what they do the best. Trent owning the right side and getting lots of different types of crosses in, Gini just tenacious as fuck.
    I think we looked a bit too deferential to them the first fifteen but then realised we can boss them.

Might think about Milner for Thiago if Jurgen thinks a new CB is too soon for them. Really concerned about going down to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Congratulations. You've just become qualified to referee PL matches.
    Lolz. Comedy gold noods
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

6 hours 30 mins since we scored at Anfield...!

Bloody heck..

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Yep, Fabinho trailing leg wasn’t intentional and a natural action. Never a Pen if you look at it correctly.

Saying it’s Fabinhos fault is stupid. Nothing he can do in that situation. Watch it in slow motion. Yeah, he didn’t protest as he would have hoped VAR would have a proper look
    I don't believe VAR would overturn it or call Oliver to have a look unless it was a clear blatant dive (as in ZERO contact by Fab).

The fact that there was even the slightest of contact (and that Oliver called it immediately) gave them cover to not call it back or have it looked at again.

Sterling had already lost the ball and lost possession as Thiago was essentially taking it back, so going down as soon as he saw that opportunity for contact was the only play he had left.

In retrospect, it was kind of a smart move on his part - much as it begrudges to admit.
    Worst case scenario Fab pulls his leg back quick enough and Sterling gets booked for diving, but most likely the ref just ignores it altogether.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Klopp will never make that sub though lol. Possible sub is going to be Milner for Thiago. If we concede then Shaq for Jones or Gini. Origi will also maybe come on if we are behind. Those are the 3 subs. If there is a surprise then Ox will come on.

We've grown into it. But like 80% of the season, we've been sleepwalking through games.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Second half imminent, Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, be a little bit better this half, play the percentages in positions like that Robbo and in others, score score core goals goals goals, Mane at the double
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”