Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester City (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by redman99 View Post
    We've lost it mentally since Jota went. His injury did more damage to our season than VVD. And all in a dead-rubber UCL match..
    His injury derailed us but for me exposed us bot freshening up things overall. Not just personnel but tactically. We always play 433. No matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I didn’t think we would get back into the game, but it’s so frustrating that having done exactly that, we gifted them 3 easy goals.

Three home defeats on the bounce. When was the last time that happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Lucky ? It was a City player who took the penalty.
    We were well into the game at 1-1. Shit happens when arguably one of our best players does what he did tonight,
    It was always going to be tough, then that shit happens.
    Yup 2 usual rock solid players were utter garbage for their second Hendo & Ali, heads dropped immediately at that point.
    3 goals in 10 mins.

I know allison has been a top keeper for us, but this season he's over-rated by some a lot on here, apart from some games he's been trash

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Don't be daft!! Ridiculous!...
    Why not Marty?

How long can we go on blaming the players, owners, injuries, VAR etc.

The manager has to take some blame. Not sure why people are too scared to say so. No one is immune from criticism. He has a lot to sort out, starting with himself first. Or he’s gone.

First time since 1963/64 we’ve lost three home league games in a row. I was only one year old.

Back to today, I’m embarrassed to say, when the Greek lad was about to come on, I genuinely didn’t know who he was.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm asking you a simple question, Was it Jurgens fault for Ali losing us the game ?
    Again, if you had the decency of reading what I wrote before, I am talking about all our games. Not just this one.

Alison messed up, twice, big time. Who gives them the orders to play from the back in tight positions? Apart from the two games (Spurs and West Ham) have we honestly looked like scoring?

Some blame Firmino for him being awful, Jones for breaking up play, Trent for being a shit defender, but you can’t blame Klopp who tells them what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I agree but I couldn’t have picked them both to start v City today.. could destroy a players career at a club before it’s begun that
    Not both no but one. Davies could have played against BHA too in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The difference between Man-city and us.. is the movement in midfield. Our midfielders are very static.. The likes of Gudgson(sp). are always moving into little spaces in between. where as our midfielders think a pass side ways is enough..
    We do need an attacking midfielder who can run at the back line and do something different. This is where Firmino tries to play back to goal and hold it up. he gets caught in possession way to often and gives the ball away to often. Even in the 2 second minute he almost caused a goal on the counter for Man-city when he failed to pass it side ways and it was cut out.
    Agree. They have better footballers. Klopp used to beat Guardiola on high octane, emotional football. That zip has left him and the team. I dont know if it is permanent as it is clear Klopp is nothing without emotional football and he milked alot of it from the crowd. So I think he needs atmosphere soon it else he is tickets.

thedoc might be sounding a bit drastic but even Roy did better than this current form with a awful squad and didn't break all the wrong records

if this carrys on for the rest of the season, i'm not sure what will happen look at FSG and Kenny

I'd rather FSG sell up before Klopp leaves tbh

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    First time since 1963/64 we’ve lost three home league games in a row. I was only one year old.

Back to today, I’m embarrassed to say, when the Greek lad was about to come on, I genuinely didn’t know who he was.
    I didn't know who WE was at that particular moment, if I'm being honest.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!