Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester City (Match Thread)

Klopp: "Result is not what we wanted, performance is what we wanted for the majority of the game."
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Some blame Firmino for him being awful, Jones for breaking up play, Trent for being a shit defender, but you can’t blame Klopp who tells them what to do?[/QUOTE]

I blame Klopp. But a players execution if a tactic can not be totally on the coach. Alison played a horrendous careless pass. It is execution that failed not plan. Firmino I agree totally. Jones not sure if it is coaching or his style of play.

Do first the record u blame Alison for the list. I blame Klopp for the loss and the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Again, if you had the decency of reading what I wrote before, I am talking about all our games. Not just this one.

Alison messed up, twice, big time. Who gives them the orders to play from the back in tight positions? Apart from the two games (Spurs and West Ham) have we honestly looked like scoring?

Some blame Firmino for him being awful, Jones for breaking up play, Trent for being a shit defender, but you can’t blame Klopp who tells them what to do?
    Look mate, I'll leave it at that. No point arguing over the internet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    thedoc might be sounding a bit drastic but even Roy did better than this current form with a awful squad and didn't break all the wrong records

if this carrys on for the rest of the season, i'm not sure what will happen look at FSG and Kenny

I'd rather FSG sell up before Klopp leaves tbh
    Not drastic at all Kev. I don’t want him sacked or gone. I’m questioning his decisions and his tactics.

The thing is, we have a great manager when he has his head screwed on and can change things up. Is he too stubborn to now, or has he lost it? Somethings not right, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. If he doesn’t sort it out, he’ll be sacked. Simple as. It’s ruthless business.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Why not Marty?

How long can we go on blaming the players, owners, injuries, VAR etc.

The manager has to take some blame. Not sure why people are too scared to say so. No one is immune from criticism. He has a lot to sort out, starting with himself first. Or he’s gone.
    Agree. It is Klopp when we win but not Klopp when we lose. Klopp has been shite this season. Tactically, subs, decision making, mind games, Firmino etc etc.

Someone said something about thin ice. Ge nay not be on thin ice but he is on ice. Thick. Triple layer whatever but he us skating. 3 home losses in a row. No goal from open play in almost 3 months at home. A lead at the top thrown away. Possibly no silverware, possibly no champions league. The I've might be thick but it is ice.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Look mate, I'll leave it at that. No point arguing over the internet!!
    Not arguing Ian. Just pissed off that we’ve gone from knowing how to score and win games to not knowing how to play anymore. It’s worrying

Yep something ain't been right for a while, it's very weird I suggested something behind the scenes before, you don't go from last season to play like this season, despite the excuses the injury's etc the attack is pretty much the same... and we can only score from penalties ?

Even allison has gone to shit this season compared to before. (apart from a few games)

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Klopp: "Result is not what we wanted, performance is what we wanted for the majority of the game."
    Humiliated. That is not what the fans wanted Jurgen.

At least now we can sit back and play football. I actually think we'll now improve massively. The two CBs will come in nd Hendo and Fab back in the middle, will put some stability back into our play..

I wish he started Ozan today, we badly needed Hendo covering our right with Trent.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    When Klopp leaves we will see. I am not un the camp of Klopp is God or irreplaceable. Tuchel just joined Chelsea. He is not a bad Manager. Managers are available all the time all over the leagues. A Manager can fail somewhere and then be boss somewhere else. So one failure doesn't make a Manager bad so you also have those Managers who have a point to prove etc ur who were successful and then not and got fired etc. Allegri, Conte, Poch. Ajax Manager us good. Nagelsman, and many young Manager out there.

If we dont finish top four and start slow Klopp won't e here this Christmas. He might even quit as he might be exhausted. He himself said he doesnt mabage a project more than 7 years.
    I'm starting to think he could walk away. Seemsime the type with he whole covid situation that there is more to life than sport.
    Hasn't he said at the end of this contract (2024?) he would finish. Maybe this will speed it up and he walks.