Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester City (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You have to look at the jobs he has done.

Since he has left Dortmund there has only been one team who wins the league and they will keep on winning it.

Same here we might have the odd league win but whilst City/Chelsea are here to spend mental money you dont get much chance its the same in France.

Klopp is top class imo he got it wrong today but I 100% back him.
    Where do you think he got it wrong? Hendo in defence or taking Jones off? Both?

City looked poor last year after their previous league win. They just needed to sort out a couple of defensive positions. Pep looked a beaten man last year, so beaten some thought he might walk. Look at him now. Our Jurgen looks beaten the noo. A couple of signings that are genuine first teamers mean we can go again next year. The only problem is that I don't know if they need to be defenders midfielders or attackers. Physical presence, pace and height and shooting ability would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Where do you think he got it wrong? Hendo in defence or taking Jones off? Both?
    Both mate.

I think Shaqiri will go and Elliott come into the squad, he is robust he seems to start every game at Blackburn.

We are carrying too many passengers in the squad who are never fit as well but that is a different story.

Both mate.

I think Shaqiri will go and Elliott come into the squad, he is robust he seems to start every game at Blackburn.

We are carrying too many passengers in the squad who are never fit as well but that is a different story.
    I said this a few weeks ago. Recent trains fee activity since Alli and vvd has been shite apart from jota.

On the plus side this unexpected collapse makes the next 12 to 18 months Gar more interesting. We genuinely need kabak to be a monster and jota to be genuine competition for a starting place. There’s also the decision to be made on do we cash in on a front 3 asset. To me salah is indispensable, either of the other 2 replaceable but not easily. Hopefully an evolution of a great team is in the works.

My problem is we have not only lost our CBs we have lost our midfield.

Id get Hendo/Fab in midfield next week.

Of course Klopp not do that but one of them HAS to move forward.

We are in the race for top 4 and play how we have done last few months and we wont do it.

We have to win next week at Leicester.
    As soon as I saw the CB partnership, I knew Klopp had decided to ditch intense play for conservative-snatch-a-win strategy. Klopp's lots his bottle and can't see the wood for the trees. Play a least one player who's spent his time from a little boy playing defence... I don't want to hear "mentality monsters" again.

on the nose - bottled it with his team

Both mate.

Totally agree.
    It sounds over the top but we look in need of big reinforcements. The injuries to the first team have highlighted how poor our squad players are.
    I've said a few times this last week about Chamberlain. Theres another game today where he hasn't had a look in when we need to attack the game. Something seems off with that.

Everyone is puzzled by the Jones sub, he was our only outlet and the only one who looked like creating or even trying anything. What is Klopp seeing there that nobody else is?
    We look devoid of belief if we go a goal down, Klopp looks forlorn, he doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm he used to have. Have the injuries to VvD and Gomez ,the VaR issues early on in the season had an effect or is something else going on?

This season has been shite from the off but that today has put us out of our misery and its devastating to think we were 4 pts clear on Xmas day, I remember saying to a lad at work I couldn't see anyone stopping us winning it again!
    A win today would have got our hopes up though when we know deep down we weren't going to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    On the plus side this unexpected collapse makes the next 12 to 18 months Gar more interesting. We genuinely need kabak to be a monster and jota to be genuine competition for a starting place. There’s also the decision to be made on do we cash in on a front 3 asset. To me salah is indispensable, either of the other 2 replaceable but not easily. Hopefully an evolution of a great team is in the works.
    We need a marquee summer signing. A game changer, that's why it's imperative we make the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We need a marquee summer signing. A game changer, that's why it's imperative we make the top 4.
    Fabian RUiz, incredibly versatile with huge experience of playing numerous positions across the midfield and forwards line, excellent set piece take also, better than Fernandes, a lot better
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”