Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your team against Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He's talking about Henderson, who else. The man who doesn't assist in goals or score any, but apparently is more of a team player than Gerrard was.
    Let me see, POTY in our title winning season unquestionably for his performances at CM in which the entire football world and the tesaments of several of our own players viewed him as the driving force that made sure the standards were kept up and the wins kept coming, P15 W15 D0 L0

Personally when a player does that and outperforms the player he came in there for, in every single department and it's the fulcrum for you winning your first title in 30 years, i'm not for changing that

When something is so much better in every aspect, i'm not changing it, i don't want to go back to what was although undoubtedly very good, wasn't anywhere near as good

More goals and assists and numerous more passes before the assist than the lad he came in there for btw

The Liverpool way, player who's got the shirt, player who got POTY wearing said shirt, but i'm wrong? Yeah we'll leave it there i think
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th February 2021 at 09:35 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Let's sign Oblak to be our number 2... While we're at, let's see if Neuer fancies being 3rd Choice...
    You can always tell when someone hasn't got a salient point to make or a rational argument to put forward when they try to make out somebody they may not agree with and/or dislike said or suggested something that they clearly didn't, and when they also make sure that it is as absurd a suggestion/at the furthest reaches of the spectrum as you can get e.g. :-

Person A:- "I don't think our owners are ploughing enough of our revenue back into the team".

Muppet A:- "So you're saying you want them to go out and get Messi, Mbappe, and Haaland in Jan despite what's happening with Covid".

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    You can always tell when someone hasn't got a salient point to make or a rational argument to put forward when they try to make out somebody they may not agree with and/or dislike said or suggested something that they clearly didn't, and when they also make sure that it is as absurd a suggestion/at the furthest reaches of the spectrum as you can get e.g. :-

Person A:- "I don't think our owners are ploughing enough of our revenue back into the team".

Muppet A:- "So you're saying you want them to go out and get Messi, Mbappe, and Haaland in Jan despite what's happening with Covid".

I underestood the point Noods.

My point was that Adrian is a perfectly serviceable back up keeper.

I think a lot of you are blowing the squad depth and investment thing way out of proportion. Of course we could do with one or two reinforcements but we're hardly left with a bunch of donkeys.

We've got a squad full of internationals.

The squad looks a bit threadbare because we've had a raft of injuries and it always looks worse when they're all from one position. Do we think City would be clear if they had no cbs?

It's certainly a far cry from when broken Joe Cole was seen as someone who was going to take us to the title under Hodgson.

And dont call me a muppet.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let me see, POTY in our title winning season unquestionably for his performances at CM in which the entire football world and the tesaments of several of our own players viewed him as the driving force that made sure the standards were kept up and the wins kept coming, P15 W15 D0 L0

Personally when a player does that and outperforms the player he came in there for, in every single department and it's the fulcrum for you winning your first title in 30 years, i'm not for changing that

When something is so much better in every aspect, i'm not changing it, i don't want to go back to what was although undoubtedly very good, wasn't anywhere near as good

More goals and assists and numerous more passes before the assist than the lad he came in there for btw

The Liverpool way, player who's got the shirt, player who got POTY wearing said shirt, but i'm wrong? Yeah we'll leave it there i think

Henderson had a great season the year we won the title but lets not kid ourselves, he benefitted from the English media bias to get that award. Sadio Mane was our real player of the season that year.
    Last edited by Frasier; 11th February 2021 at 11:27 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I underestood the point Noods.

My point was that Adrian is a perfectly serviceable back up keeper.

I think a lot of you are blowing the squad depth and investment thing way out of proportion. Of course we could do with one or two reinforcements but we're hardly left with a bunch of donkeys.

We've got a squad full of internationals.

The squad looks a bit threadbare because we've had a raft of injuries and it always looks worse when they're all from one position. Do we think City would be clear if they had no cbs?

It's certainly a far cry from when broken Joe Cole was seen as someone who was going to take us to the title under Hodgson.

And dont call me a muppet.
    You didn't make a point, you just tried to insinuate I said something I clearly didn't, whilst simultaneously making that 'lie' as preposterous sounding as possible. If you think Adrian is a good back up keeper then just say so, rather than trying (to put it politely) to put obviously false words into someone else's mouth.

A squad of Internationals often means much less than many think it does, especially when it comes to 'elite' teams, a point I repeatedly made when people were trying to make out Lucas had to be a great player because he played for Brazil.

I never called you a Muppet, however even if I had, considering what you said/insinuated, there would have been a lot of worse things that I could (and many others would) have called you.

I see Ings has just scored again. However who needs things such as goals when you can have others on your books who have had/are having as many injury problems/don't play that much, but who don't offer that much even when they do get playing time.

At least FSG made some dosh and lowered the wage bill. Get in!!!

Ings wanted to go for first team football he wasnt getting that here.

We won one CL and one title since he left plus he spent most of his time on the treatment table.

You can copy and paste your last bit for the next year Noods as with no fans AGAIN next season it is going to be another low spend.

Like Legs said,, Ings himself wanted to leave.. He was never getting into the first 11. And the we play. We never play with an out and out forward. Thats why i dont think we will look at one in the summer either,. I hope i'm wrong on that
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
    Henderson had a great season the year we won the title but lets not kid ourselves, he benefitted from the English media bias to get that award. Sadio Mane was our real player of the season that year.
    English media bias in favour of Liverpool or one of our players, dear God i've heard it all now, same English media that were almost universally calling for last season to be voided to prevent us winning No19
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fabinho out injured so it looks like Hendo/Kabak.

Jota back in March and do we still count Naby ?!