Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your team against Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere that we binned of this guy a few years ago due to injuries and they cleared up somewhat and he's been brought back this season?

I think the lack of pre-season probabaly doesnt help either. Other clubs are suffering as well.
    Exactly to the latter
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Chris Morgan was with us for 11 seasons but spent the last 4 with Palace then Arsenal.
    He says this about himself on hol LinkedIn profile:
    "Broad but football specific experience in injury prevention, acute injury management (pitchside), rehabilitation and departmental management.

Promoter of multi-disciplinary High Performance Units and a strong believer in a strength based approach to athlete robustness and effective rehabilitation whilst using targeted Therapy techniques to maintain availability in the most physically demanding football (soccer) league in the world."
    Wow Arsenal and Palace have had long injury lists.Jota and Thiago injuries have taken longer than expected.. I wonder how the diagnostic of these players worked out??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
    Henderson had a great season the year we won the title but lets not kid ourselves, he benefitted from the English media bias to get that award. Sadio Mane was our real player of the season that year.
    I'd agree with Sadio, think he win the award on here, many good shouts though tbf.

If we play a high pressing game as we usually do, I can see Vardy getting lots of joy, possibly even a hat-trick, especially as I just saw that only two of his eleven PL goals have come at home.

Blackburn are playing tonight. What are the odds that Harvey Elliot gets a goal or assist?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    If we play a high pressing game as we usually do, I can see Vardy getting lots of joy, possibly even a hat-trick, especially as I just saw that only two of his eleven PL goals have come at home.

Blackburn are playing tonight. What are the odds that Harvey Elliot gets a goal or assist?
    Probably very short, seems to do either one or the other in most games.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Pretty long odds as he hasn’t played, sat and watched his teammates losing at home to Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Pretty long odds as he hasn’t played, sat and watched his teammates losing at home to Preston.
    nice to see Van der berg warming the bench of preston too

Sometimes I think it's pointless loaning players out, Elliots had quite a bit of game time at least

brewster looked the business at swansea too and everyone was raving about him too.

championship and the premier league are totally different animals.

i’ve never been convinced by harvey. you could argue his age as a mitigating factor but even at 16, you can see glimpses of some magic you feel shows the potential of a player.

in harvey’s case i’ve never seen him do that once when he had his run outs with us.

not pacy, can’t beat a man, can’t finish. he has a “pass” on him but just where does that fit in if he’s a right forward?

i’m not getting carried away as solanke and brewster can attest to. hope i’m wrong.

with a midfield of gini, jones and thiago (in the wrong position), this could end in tears.

hendo is sorely missed in the middle, so just play both davies and kabak. i fear poor davies might not even get a game under klopp the way he is at the moment.

we’re not clinical at the best of times, and even more so at the moment so we need to create as many chances as possible.

i would drop trent asap and just take the chance with neco. he’s crossing a further 10-15 yrds back because of the lack of protection he is used to and his limitations are being brutally exposed this season.

pass pass side back is all you get with this midfield. really horrible.

gonna be a long lunchtime this one.

Or we could completely nullify their passing game a leave Vardy feeding on scraps from long balls down the channels s we have the last 3 times we've played them

This Premier League season's fucked anyway, it isn't even remotely a good spectacle it's simply a war of attrition luck and financial clout, whoever has the biggest squad of top senior pros and most of them fit for longer than anyone else will undeservedly win it, that's not top level football and a true barometer of any team of the prior 2 season's it's a complete farce and that's without mentioning the VAR
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”