Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your team against Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Or we could completely nullify their passing game a leave Vardy feeding on scraps from long balls down the channels s we have the last 3 times we've played them

This Premier League season's fucked anyway, it isn't even remotely a good spectacle it's simply a war of attrition luck and financial clout, whoever has the biggest squad of top senior pros and most of them fit for longer than anyone else will undeservedly win it, that's not top level football and a true barometer of any team of the prior 2 season's it's a complete farce and that's without mentioning the VAR
    Well said mate. The sooner this season is over the better.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Well said mate. The sooner this season is over the better.
    Agreed.. He’s not wrong. It is a farce. I guess it gives us something to talk about beyond Covid 19 - that’s about it.

Sickened that a Manchester club will likely hoover up the title instantly after we waited 30 years but it is what it is.

In truth - considering the rest of us are all in limbo - it is just crazy to have a “football” season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed.. He’s not wrong. It is a farce. I guess it gives us something to talk about beyond Covid 19 - that’s about it.

Sickened that a Manchester club will likely hoover up the title instantly after we waited 30 years but it is what it is.

In truth - considering the rest of us are all in limbo - it is just crazy to have a “football” season.
    Also what he's saying about squad depth is a huge factor. Anyone know is that the case in the lower leagues .

Yep and that is most often the case in every league mate. Squad depth is absolutely vital - certainly if you want to compete on many fronts and aim to ride any injury crisis. This is why allowing petrodollar owners is so wrong. FFP was always going to be BS though.

We can’t compete with that (nobody expects us to) BUT we could have done more for ourselves.

Am gutted Fabinho isn’t available for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Or we could completely nullify their passing game a leave Vardy feeding on scraps from long balls down the channels s we have the last 3 times we've played them

This Premier League season's fucked anyway, it isn't even remotely a good spectacle it's simply a war of attrition luck and financial clout, whoever has the biggest squad of top senior pros and most of them fit for longer than anyone else will undeservedly win it, that's not top level football and a true barometer of any team of the prior 2 season's it's a complete farce and that's without mentioning the VAR
    Yes that is possible, but given the combination of who we have available to try and nullify Leicester/Vardy, and how those players/we have been playing of late, are you confident that is going to happen? I know I'm not.

For me all this "well this season doesn't matter" sloblocks needs to stop. The likes of Villa, West Ham, Southampton etc have had periods where they have done well despite not having the biggest/trongest squads, or spending lots, and even smaller teams/squads than those have put us to the sword this season. When it comes to winning the big prizes, the teams with the most money and biggest/best squads tend to be the teams that get their hands on the trophies. You and many others may not like that, but that's the way it has been for a long while now, and it's likely to continue that way for the foreseeable future.

Yes we've been unlucky with injuries this season, but it's not just that which has derailed our season, but also the fact that we've had a weak/p.poor squad for far, far too long, and despite having a golden opportunity/period to seriously beef up our squad and even improve our first XI, 'we' squandered that opportunity which left us in a position where we were relying on a small group of players who had already been playing at full throttle for a while. Anybody with sense could see that it left us very vulnerable to picking up injuries to key players, as well as the knock on effects of them.

As the saying goes :- "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail".

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Also what he's saying about squad depth is a huge factor. Anyone know is that the case in the lower leagues .
    Probably but one thing worth remembering is the drop off in quality isnt as big.

I mean if we lose two forwards our back up is Minimano Origi Shaqiri over a long period that is a big drop off.

Nineteen is right what he says it is a war but it could even out as players are going to continue to break down.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep and that is most often the case in every league mate. Squad depth is absolutely vital - certainly if you want to compete on many fronts and aim to ride any injury crisis. This is why allowing petrodollar owners is so wrong. FFP was always going to be BS though.

We can’t compete with that (nobody expects us to) BUT we could have done more for ourselves.

Am gutted Fabinho isn’t available for this game.
    I'm fucking gutted too, it means Jurgen will probably play Hendo at CB again, when the Thiago signing was announced THE thing i was most looking forward to this season was the Gini Hendo Thiago midfield, a fluid 3 that i believe will be absolutely incredible, i've not got to see it once
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep - Kabak starts - so should bite bullet and play Davies - put Hendo back in the middle

why do we keep playing Milner?

Is davies injured? or klopp rates kids before him and we got him for the bants

Only attacking option we have is Shaqiri on bench

Shocking