Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Referees

Referees

Mike Dean getting death threats online has asked not to officiate this weekends matches.

Hate those who send crap like that online or anyone else who agrees with it.

Maybe Mike Dean needs to take some time off and reflect on his decisions as he’s been awful

I saw that. I can't condone it, but at the same time I'm not surprised by it. People take the game very seriously, and some of his decisions have been scandalous.

I see loads of ex-players are now pundits having a go at the referees, but you see very few, if any former players taking up the profession. Also, I'm surprised we don't see any foreign referees in the Premier League.

I could never be a Premier League referee, because I have so many biases. It would be very interesting to know who these referees support.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Plenty from Greater Manchester seem to officiate our games ( madness IMO). I don’t know the answer but do wonder how many Refs from Merseyside do the same for any of the Manc clubs.

They been given more powers more technology more money I'd assume and still getting it so wrong. U can't condone this behavior by some idiots but the rate at which these offocals make mistakes and seem to have absolutely no accountibility is astonishing.
    Then they go on sky and defend the shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Plenty from Greater Manchester seem to officiate our games ( madness IMO). I don’t know the answer but do wonder how many Refs from Merseyside do the same for any of the Manc clubs.
    Mike Dean was ref for Man Utd v Southampton.

Dont know any others from Merseyside to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    aybe Mike Dean needs to take some time off and reflect on his decisions as he’s been awful
    So the cunts will have got what they wanted.
    As I've said before social media is rotten to the core and people in the public eye should stay off it.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Mike Dean was ref for Man Utd v Southampton.

Dont know any others from Merseyside to be honest
    Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    So the cunts will have got what they wanted.
    As I've said before social media is rotten to the core and people in the public eye should stay off it.
    He’s made a few mistakes Ian and He’s already given them what they want by taking time off.

It’s the new trend I’m afraid and the next generation is going to be awful

Theres lots of refs fans want to kill hypothetically. Like HOWARD WEBB.but its only meant in the heat of the moment. To go out of your way to send threating stuff online or to ones home. Is beyond the pale.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Don't condone death threats but I wouldn't pay any attention to them on social media.
    More the fool imo as he's given them any credence.