Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Referees

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    He’s made a few mistakes Ian and He’s already given them what they want by taking time off.

It’s the new trend I’m afraid and the next generation is going to be awful
    He's been bloody awful, though not alone.
    I've seen at first hand what's sent to footballers in DM's. Granted at a much lower level but still shocking what people think they can send.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Don't condone death threats but I wouldn't pay any attention to them on social media.
    More the fool imo as he's given them any credence.
    Good forbid he took his own life over the coming days. These social media outlets have alot to answer for.

Referees have families too, and it's disgraceful what they have to contend with, both on the terraces and on social media. All because they dare to give some decisions to opposing teams. These people need weeding out, and let these referees get on doing what they are paid to do, officiate games, not take abuse.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Good forbid he took his own life over the coming days. These social media outlets have alot to answer for.
    Seems a bit extreme Ian, tends to be teens and younger adults that top themselves over social media shite.

Jonathon haidt had a sad and interesting talk on the connection between the social media (FB/Twat) explosion around 2008 and an increase in self harm, depression and anxiety. Particularly in girls/teens.

Seems a bit extreme Ian, tends to be teens and younger adults that top themselves over social media shite.

Jonathon haidt had a sad and interesting talk on the connection between the social media (FB/Twat) explosion around 2008 and an increase in self harm, depression and anxiety. Particularly in girls/teens.
    I know it's extreme but you never know. And having 2 girls 17 and 20 ,I'm fully aware of what goes on in social media from the stories they tell us.
    As I would tell others, the kids of today don't need to leave the house to get bullied.
    No doubt Mike Dean has kids even maybe grandkids god knows what they've been sent.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I know it's extreme but you never know. And having 2 girls 17 and 20 ,I'm fully aware of what goes on in social media from the stories they tell us.
    As I would tell others, the kids of today don't need to leave the house to get bullied.
    No doubt Mike Dean has kids even maybe grandkids god knows what they've been sent.
    Yeah its grim stuff. Find myself in a position of best not ranting away here

Some of the things that happen because of online bullying lead to suicide or attempts.

The social media companies aren’t governing this properly. The racist comments on some of the posts is horrendous. To their own players.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Some of the things that happen because of online bullying lead to suicide or attempts.

The social media companies aren’t governing this properly. The racist comments on some of the posts is horrendous. To their own players.
    A short reply.

Yes it may, however the processing of reality has a large part to play in peoples problems. I'd suggest resilience is in decline enabled by our new cathedral. As such people are lacking the fortitude and the guidance to deal effectively with life.

I'm a supporter of free speech in principle and would view the calls for further censorship online as a failed approach, understanding and solution. I find people who call for them to rarely be accepting of their rights being infringed upon.
    As Frankly said mans last freedom is his attitude and as many have said the first is the right to speak freely.
    There are lots of horrendous comments online and racism is just one element of the verbal world.

I do refrain from posting on here sometimes, simply as I don't want to put some people's noses out. If people request or indicate an intention to leave a conversation I tend to oblige and leave it be, as best as I can remember.

But the calls for governance, government and the police to investigate comments made online on devices that people can put down and on apps/sites that they can freely leave has frankly left me in a position now where I will still respect people's request to end a discussion, not drag them into one thereafter, but will post what I honestly believe about several topics that others brought up in the football forum.
    To the point where these won't be requesting discussions from people above expressed an ending interst, but replying to links posts and just general thoughts.

Who've expressed

A short reply.

Yes it may, however the processing of reality has a large part to play in peoples problems. I'd suggest resilience is in decline enabled by our new cathedral. As such people are lacking the fortitude and the guidance to deal effectively with life.

I'm a supporter of free speech in principle and would view the calls for further censorship online as a failed approach, understanding and solution. I find people who call for them to rarely be accepting of their rights being infringed upon.
    As Frankly said mans last freedom is his attitude and as many have said the first is the right to speak freely.
    There are lots of horrendous comments online and racism is just one element of the verbal world.

I do refrain from posting on here sometimes, simply as I don't want to put some people's noses out. If people request or indicate an intention to leave a conversation I tend to oblige and leave it be, as best as I can remember.

But the calls for governance, government and the police to investigate comments made online on devices that people can put down and on apps/sites that they can freely leave has frankly left me in a position now where I will still respect people's request to end a discussion, not drag them into one thereafter, but will post what I honestly believe about several topics that others brought up in the football forum.
    To the point where these won't be requesting discussions from people above expressed an ending interst, but replying to links posts and just general thoughts.
    Have you ever had your rights infringed upon Cc? Ridiculed for the colour of your skin or religious beliefs whilst doing your job to help support those infringing on your mere existence?

Maybe it’s for a discussion in the general forum and not a football one