Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool 1 Man Utd 4

Liverpool 1 Man Utd 4

Last time I remember a home defeat like that just gone was v Man U back in December back in 1969.
    Score was 1-1 until 60 mins then Emlyn Hughes made a crazy back pass from the halfway line which goalie Tommy Lawrence could not keep from going to a corner. Ian Ure scored from that corner.
    The legend called Roger Hunt then came on as sub for Ian Ross to make his last appearance before his transfer to Bolton.

Real spanked us under Rodgers and stoke?as Gerrard was leaving come to mind.

Ian Ross was sub fir my first trip to Anfield in ‘70/71

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Real spanked us under Rodgers and stoke?as Gerrard was leaving come to mind.
    Stoke was a tonking 6-1 but it was away.

Think Mourinho Chelsea gave us a beating 4-1 at Anfield too.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Stoke was a tonking 6-1 but it was away.

Think Mourinho Chelsea gave us a beating 4-1 at Anfield too.
    Good spot, stoke away should have been ingrained in the memory !!

It was one of those where the scoreline didn't reflect the game, aside from Fab giving away a soft pen needlessly trying to leave something on a player again and their opener they created absolutely nothing and got 3 through our mistakes

Mane missed with a free header, wasted a glorious chance from Ederson's mistake and Mo was hauled down when nailed on to score, i still think Dias should have gone for that, for me Stones getting back a little deeper shouldn't matter, 'denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' by committing a deliberate foul is a straight red
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It was one of those where the scoreline didn't reflect the game, aside from Fab giving away a soft pen needlessly trying to leave something on a player again and their opener they created absolutely nothing and got 3 through our mistakes

Mane missed with a free header, wasted a glorious chance from Ederson's mistake and Mo was hauled down when nailed on to score, i still think Dias should have gone for that, for me Stones getting back a little deeper shouldn't matter, 'denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' by committing a deliberate foul is a straight red
    Dear 19x,
    Always love your posts but this one is not about the latest game and anyway any team can say the same about so many games e.g. us v Fulham and palace
    ynwa

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Last time I remember a home defeat like that just gone was v Man U back in December back in 1969.
    Score was 1-1 until 60 mins then Emlyn Hughes made a crazy back pass from the halfway line which goalie Tommy Lawrence could not keep from going to a corner. Ian Ure scored from that corner.
    The legend called Roger Hunt then came on as sub for Ian Ross to make his last appearance before his transfer to Bolton.
    Ian Ure, terrible footballer but good on Quiz Ball when he was at Arsenal.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

We got beat twice at home in the space of a few days under Benitez, both against Arsenal. 1-3 in the FA Cup, then a 3-6 mauling in the League cup.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.