Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool 1 Man Utd 4

I was at the 3-6. Both played several youth players, theirs were far better than ours. Gerrard played in that game

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Last time I remember a home defeat like that just gone was v Man U back in December back in 1969.
    Score was 1-1 until 60 mins then Emlyn Hughes made a crazy back pass from the halfway line which goalie Tommy Lawrence could not keep from going to a corner. Ian Ure scored from that corner.
    The legend called Roger Hunt then came on as sub for Ian Ross to make his last appearance before his transfer to Bolton.

Yeah but we had the feckers back in 2009.....Torres,Gerrard,Aurelio and the mighty DOSSENA!!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9hzdYUBAcI

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We got beat twice at home in the space of a few days under Benitez, both against Arsenal. 1-3 in the FA Cup, then a 3-6 mauling in the League cup.
    I was at the 3-6 mauling. It was a rearranged game after the original fixture was cancelled due to fog. Both sides played essentially their second string sides. Dudek in goal for us. Played pretty crap (Dudek) but saved a penalty.
    Always felt that if the original game had been played we would have won.
    My first experience of the used to be Kemlyn Road stand, we were sat near the top - talk about steep!

I had a season ticket between’75 and ‘80 in that stand redebreck, as my Dad was working away, week on week off and I had his ticket 90% of the time. Block K row 20 seat 98. Right near the half way line, absolutely brilliant for a teenage red.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I was at the 3-6. Both played several youth players, theirs were far better than ours. Gerrard played in that game
    I do think, and still do apart from the Odd gem the youth academy is over-rated

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I was at the 3-6 mauling. It was a rearranged game after the original fixture was cancelled due to fog. Both sides played essentially their second string sides. Dudek in goal for us. Played pretty crap (Dudek) but saved a penalty.
    Always felt that if the original game had been played we would have won.
    My first experience of the used to be Kemlyn Road stand, we were sat near the top - talk about steep!
    I didn't know it was a rearranged game, but i do remember they both played weakened teams, which is now the normal thing to do in those games.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Weakened teams yes - but not quite true to say both teams were second string. Arsenal had the best part of a youth team - apart from a few we had a pretty strong lineup.

Teams:
    Liverpool: Dudek, Peltier, Hyypia, Paletta, Warnock (Alonso 58), Guthrie, Gerrard, Aurelio, Gonzalez (Luis Garcia 11) (Carragher 75), Fowler, Bellamy.
    Subs Not Used: Reina, Crouch.

Goals: Fowler 33, Gerrard 68, Hyypia 80.

Arsenal: Almunia, Hoyte, Toure, Djourou, Traore (Connolly 88), Walcott (Diaby 74), Fabregas, Song Billong, Denilson, Julio Baptista, Aliadiere.
    Subs Not Used: Poom, Lansbury, Randall.

Goals: Aliadiere 27, Julio Baptista 40, Song Billong 45, Julio Baptista 45, 60, 84.

Make your own kinds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Weakened teams yes - but not quite true to say both teams were second string. Arsenal had the best part of a youth team - apart from a few we had a pretty strong lineup.

Teams:
    Liverpool: Dudek, Peltier, Hyypia, Paletta, Warnock (Alonso 58), Guthrie, Gerrard, Aurelio, Gonzalez (Luis Garcia 11) (Carragher 75), Fowler, Bellamy.
    Subs Not Used: Reina, Crouch.

Goals: Fowler 33, Gerrard 68, Hyypia 80.

Arsenal: Almunia, Hoyte, Toure, Djourou, Traore (Connolly 88), Walcott (Diaby 74), Fabregas, Song Billong, Denilson, Julio Baptista, Aliadiere.
    Subs Not Used: Poom, Lansbury, Randall.

Goals: Aliadiere 27, Julio Baptista 40, Song Billong 45, Julio Baptista 45, 60, 84.

Make your own kinds up.
    No wonder we conceded 6 with that defence. There was only Hyypia any good.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.