Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Boss

The Boss

Thoughts to Jurgen after news his mum has died of Covid.

RIP Mrs Klopp YNWA.

Damn,you can kinda understand why hes not been himself of late.Must have been worried sick..
    sorry to hear this
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Rip mama Klopp. YNWA

Yep I posted about this in Off Topic a little earlier.

She died on January 19th and he hasn’t been allowed to travel to Germany - not even for his mums funeral. Imagine that..?

She must have been in a bad way for a while too. Explains why he was so noticeably downcast before Christmas. I could tell something serious was wrong and was deeply concerned he was about to leave us.

What a guy - bless you Jurgen we are all sorry for your loss.

That's bloody awful. Any idea how old she was? Poor Jürgen and family. It certainly explains his recent demeanour.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Hopefully these morons with the mics can lay off him abit now starting Saturday.

I noticed he has looked down for a while and put it down to stale football matches but he had far more important things on his mind.

Feel for the guy hopefully we put in a performance Saturday he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    That's bloody awful. Any idea how old she was? Poor Jürgen and family. It certainly explains his recent demeanour.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Thanks mate.

From the Echo:

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has paid tribute to his mother Elisabeth after her recent death at the age of 81.

Klopp was unable to attend her funeral in person on Tuesday due to restrictions currently in place in Germany due to the coronavirus pandemic.

"She meant everything to me," said the Reds boss. "She was a real mum in the best sense of the word.

"As a devout Christian, I know she is in a better place now."

Germany has banned flights from the UK until February 17 due to concerns over the mutations of the coronavirus and rising infection rates.

Klopp last visited his mother in Germany on her 80th birthday and, speaking to German news outlet Schwarzwälder Bote, he said: "As soon as the circumstances allow, we will hold a wonderful commemoration."

Klopp's father, Norbert, died in 2000 after a short serious illness at the age of 66. The Liverpool manager has two sisters, Stefanie and Isolde.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Dreadful news
    RIP Elisabeth

Has this only just come to light? If so, I hope all those in the media (and the f-wits I've been dealing with on YouTube) who have been laying into Jurgen feel like ****/the ****s that they are, though I somehow doubt it.

RIP Elisabeth.