Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Boss

Lost my own mother 3 weeks ago today due to Heart Failure at 72...She'd suffered terrible Rheumatoid Arthritis since her mid 30's....Have had to wait till next Monday to cremate her with only 20 people allowed inside the Crem,it's a fucking joke!!....Dreadful for Jurgen not even to be allowed that privilege...RIP Frau Klopp.......

Lost my mother over 50 yrs ago, lost my dad over 25 yrs ago, one expected, the other a shock, you then realize you have
    become an orphan. Your kids come and talk to you for advice or about times passed, but now you have lost that, that connection.
    My condolences to you Jurgen and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Lost my own mother 3 weeks ago today due to Heart Failure at 72...She'd suffered terrible Rheumatoid Arthritis since her mid 30's....Have had to wait till next Monday to cremate her with only 20 people allowed inside the Crem,it's a fucking joke!!....Dreadful for Jurgen not even to be allowed that privilege...RIP Frau Klopp.......
    Condolences to you Marty.
    Its awful to lose anyone wether it be family or friends but not being able to send them off properly is probably the worst thing about this whole Covid situation.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I know its an awful thing to say and think but its only really dawned on me now at 43 that my folks are getting old. They're 71 and 68. I shudder the thought of life without my Mum, I'll go to pieces.
    Its like when she's gone you are really truly alone in this world.
    You're only a few years older than me but we're getting to that point where life stops giving and starts taking away.

It's awful for Jurgen and even worse that he can't say goodbye properly, especially as a devout Christian.

YNWA Jurgen

So sorry mate.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    You're only a few years older than me but we're getting to that point where life stops giving and starts taking away.

It's awful for Jurgen and even worse that he can't say goodbye properly, especially as a devout Christian.

YNWA Jurgen
    Yeah definitely. Hopefully as you get older though it starts giving a bit back in the form of grandchildren but I get what you mean. Its this just beyond middle age thing. Its like when you realise you're not young anymore in terms of health and fitness, I work with some young lads who are in their early 20s and I remember being that age and being exactly like them. Its quite sobering and I'm envious of it sometimes.

Absolutely gutted for Jurgen, seriously puts everything into perspective. Lost my mother when i was 21...its something you never get over at any age...But i can only imagine how very proud Mrs Klopp was of her son. YNWA.
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Sorry to hear that Martyboy. Its grim stuff with the lockdowns, especially for folk like Jurgen, hope you got to spend time with her recently mate with all the lockdown stuff going on.

I like Jurgen believe in an afterlife (from divine revelation- I know that sounds pretty mad to some, it was), so death as grim and painful as it is, how it puts the small stuff in perspective isn't as harsh, due to my beliefs. Still will ball my eyes out when the time comes, hopefully I don't go before her as she wouldn't like that at all.

Those are some unfortunate and harsh experiences SR and Artisan. A long time apart, must've been very tough.

Thanks for the messages peeps,I really appreciate them.....But and this might sound odd to most my mother was like a close Aunt to me...My late Great Aunt(official guardian from 1975) and her younger sister and my gran(oldest sister) were the 3 peeps that brought myself and my younger sister and younger bro up from the mid-70's when we were nippers.....My mother had to get away from my dad who was a pisshead and nasty/violent in drink and move on with her life(she knew we'd be well taken care of) ....The old man choked on his vomit and died aged 36 in 1982 when I was 14 and was warned time and again the drink would be the death of him by my one Aunt especially...I'll miss our mam but she doesn't come close to those 3 ladies,they were awesome people....