Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Raphinha

Wow I had no idea they paid that kind of money.
    I wonder what Haaland is on.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Neto is what id call a proper winger he does go round the outside.

I see that Sarr has been linked again that might just be agent/paper talk.

I also think we need a number 9 type striker too.
    We definitely need a number 9 and Origi can go.

Andre Silva is doing well at Eintracht Frankfurt

We need a lot of things, but I doubt we'll get many, if any of them, and possibly only if we manage to find a 'hidden gem'.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 12th February 2021 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It seems he is pretty much pricing himself out of going anywhere, absolute greedy bastard if true. No way we'd be going near anyone like that.
    Yeah, its amazing how many footballers stop performing when they get huge wages as well.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just paper talk, the answer to ptb teams lies in players we're missing, and that we're using those we have available differently and VAR 2 or 3 games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Here are the last 15 games from 1 year ago to the end of 2019/20 - last season

15 games
    8 wins
    6 losses
    2 draws

Record ONLY v PTB

Lost - Atletico PTB x 2
    Lost - Watford PTB
    Lost - Arsenal PTB

Drew - Burnley PTB x1
    Drew - Everton PTB x1

Season 2020/21 up to and including the Everton Game where Virgil gets taken out.

8 Games
    4 wins
    3 Losses
    1 draw

Combined

23 games:

11 wins
    9 losses
    3 draws.

People can cite any number of excuses - same excuses can be levelled against us in games we won.... This is the form we had shown from 1 year ago up to and including that fateful game v the BS.

The team - these players that you keep banging on about 19 - they are the players we need (we also needed some others and sooner than this summer) BUT they were shattered a year ago - look how they dipped just as we entered the crucial CL stage and with the season all but won domestically. they didn't have that physical or mental sharpness that was making the difference for 18 months. You seem to be unable to factor this in.
    Last edited by Steveo; 12th February 2021 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    We definitely need a number 9 and Origi can go.

Andre Silva is doing well at Eintracht Frankfurt
    Aye I mentioned Silva doing well a few weeks back.

Had a ropey spell at Milan but he has done well at Porto Frankfurt and think he is a regular for Portugal too.

One to keep an eye on only 24-25 so a good age.

You make some good points Steveo and they are facts.

The only thing id say is when play restarted we had 82 points from 29 games and with all the time off the gloss was taken away and we did what we had to do to get the title.

I think with no lockdown we would be record PL points holders with 101 or more.

At one stage I was seriously worried they were going to void it and if that happened I wouldnt be talking to you now !

This season for me is a hard watch im going to give the side the benefit of the doubt I dont like excuses but we can point to injuries as ruining the challenge.

You are absolutely right in we need fresh faces to go again.

Perhaps - I personally think the opposite. I believe we would have dropped more points. Players looked totally gassed. Watford, Atletico, Chelsea and even Norwich ( we beat them just before the Atletico game - we were clearly the better side but looked very lethargic compared to earlier) all looked far fresher than us.

I think that break was crushing yes - but have us a chance to re charge. IMO - We looked like we could lose to anyone before the lockdown came.

We'll never know mate thats the thing.

We got what we wanted that is all that mattered.

I think next season should tell us more as we are fighting with one arm behind our back at the minute.

Injuries are part of the game but I have never seen anyone suffer like we have.

In saying the above im noticing more clubs players dropping with muscle injuries now which could suit us later on.

Perhaps Pep and Jurgen were right who'd have thought that ?!