Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Raphinha

The summer will surely see new faces in and old faces out. The big issue will be the level of player brought in.
    They need to be Alisson/Virgil level. If not we won't see much improvement and will be pretty much as was and rivals will make up more ground.
    This is on FSG now tgeres no getting away from it. I'm not interested in pandemic excuses either. They know whats required, sow to reap.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Here are the last 15 games from 1 year ago to the end of 2019/20 - last season

15 games
    8 wins
    6 losses
    2 draws

Record ONLY v PTB

Lost - Atletico PTB x 2
    Lost - Watford PTB
    Lost - Arsenal PTB

Drew - Burnley PTB x1
    Drew - Everton PTB x1

Season 2020/21 up to and including the Everton Game where Virgil gets taken out.

8 Games
    4 wins
    3 Losses
    1 draw

Combined

23 games:

11 wins
    9 losses
    3 draws.

People can cite any number of excuses - same excuses can be levelled against us in games we won.... This is the form we had shown from 1 year ago up to and including that fateful game v the BS.

The team - these players that you keep banging on about 19 - they are the players we need (we also needed some others and sooner than this summer) BUT they were shattered a year ago - look how they dipped just as we entered the crucial CL stage and with the season all but won domestically. they didn't have that physical or mental sharpness that was making the difference for 18 months. You seem to be unable to factor this in.
    Always nice to see the details.

Just not sure how there wasn't a bounce back after lockdown1 or the summer break.

Lockdown1 would have given time for the body to recover, whilst the return to play and no doubts about our PL title would have been great for the mental spaces.

Then in summer another break from the physical toll of football. Adding Tsimikas, Thiago and Jota surely a boost to the mental side of our squad, especially given the speculation around no deals from covid.

In terms of physical health and vitality it's a bit of a mystery as to how the time off didn't help recharge the batteries.

In terms of the mental health there is the reality of covid, no summer celebrations with fans or a good piss up holiday with family and friends - bar our teetotalers on their holiers.

Another thought is that we've routinely seen a mini slump of sorts around the January schedule, give or take a few weeks. These slumps occurred after summer investments and fresh faces being introduced to the squad.
    So I would wonder if you are having a mini19 () on this front ?

In terms of momentum and mentality. We lost a close final and came back stronger from that hurt.
    We then won a CL and came back stronger from the hurt of losing out to city by the smallest of margins.
    Then we won the PL title which was MASSIVE the other honours associated, like being the first LFC side to be crowned World Club Champions. We did experience some hurt from losing to Atletico, but maybe that hurt wasn't taken on Board due to the manner of loss and offset by the other achievements.
    Just small bits to consider and not exactly a bulletproof proposal here in the last section from me.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think we'd have to sell Mane/Salah for that.

Would he be an automatic starter for us as he plays wide like the two above ?

I am certain he not be a target as its looking like zero fans again most of 2021/22 season so thats another £80-100m lost.
    Are the PL giving away the extra games broadcast for free ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Always nice to see the details.

Just not sure how there wasn't a bounce back after lockdown1 or the summer break.

Lockdown1 would have given time for the body to recover, whilst the return to play and no doubts about our PL title would have been great for the mental spaces.

Then in summer another break from the physical toll of football. Adding Tsimikas, Thiago and Jota surely a boost to the mental side of our squad, especially given the speculation around no deals from covid.

In terms of physical health and vitality it's a bit of a mystery as to how the time off didn't help recharge the batteries.

In terms of the mental health there is the reality of covid, no summer celebrations with fans or a good piss up holiday with family and friends - bar our teetotalers on their holiers.

Another thought is that we've routinely seen a mini slump of sorts around the January schedule, give or take a few weeks. These slumps occurred after summer investments and fresh faces being introduced to the squad.
    So I would wonder if you are having a mini19 () on this front ?

In terms of momentum and mentality. We lost a close final and came back stronger from that hurt.
    We then won a CL and came back stronger from the hurt of losing out to city by the smallest of margins.
    Then we won the PL title which was MASSIVE the other honours associated, like being the first LFC side to be crowned World Club Champions. We did experience some hurt from losing to Atletico, but maybe that hurt wasn't taken on Board due to the manner of loss and offset by the other achievements.
    Just small bits to consider and not exactly a bulletproof proposal here in the last section from me.
    What you call details are just facts.

The rest of your post - to me at least - is as clear as mud

It’s not a fact it’s just my opinion going off what the medical people are saying.

I guess they would have to show them somehow either on Sky/BT/Amazon or maybe club streaming them ?

The CL this season is turning into a major farce as it’s looking likely our games versus Leipzig will take place in neutral venues the first leg is Budapest and it’s pretty certain we not play Anfield for the return leg f*cking ridiculous the whole thing.

No doubt games like Burnley v Sheffield Utd only.

What you call details are just facts.

The rest of your post - to me at least - is as clear as mud
    They are, historical facts, also the details over a period of time, nicely detailed, broken down into sections.

The larger part of my post was exploring your claims around the slump. But it seems you aren't willing to engage.

The January slumps seen before, having had summer reinforcements
    The non recovery after lockdown 1
    The non recovery after the summer break
    The lack of mental rejuvenation from winning the pl when that was in doubt
    The lack of mental rejuvenation from the summer additions

It's almost as though there was no measure of summer 2019 additions to be added that could have offset the future results.

Again agree we should have added in summer 2019.
    Just seems that your claim is rather weak under scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It’s not a fact it’s just my opinion going off what the medical people are saying.

I guess they would have to show them somehow either on Sky/BT/Amazon or maybe club streaming them ?

The CL this season is turning into a major farce as it’s looking likely our games versus Leipzig will take place in neutral venues the first leg is Budapest and it’s pretty certain we not play Anfield for the return leg f*cking ridiculous the whole thing.
    I've not seen anything about those extra games this season. It was a genuine question.
    I'd be surprised if the PL didn't manage to get a fair load of cash for selling off those games. But no clue, just a guess.

They are, historical facts, also the details over a period of time, nicely detailed, broken down into sections.

The larger part of my post was exploring your claims around the slump. But it seems you aren't willing to engage.

The January slumps seen before, having had summer reinforcements
    The non recovery after lockdown 1
    The non recovery after the summer break
    The lack of mental rejuvenation from winning the pl when that was in doubt
    The lack of mental rejuvenation from the summer additions

It's almost as though there was no measure of summer 2019 additions to be added that could have offset the future results.

Again agree we should have added in summer 2019.
    Just seems that your claim is rather weak under scrutiny.

Quite happy that someone “armed” with a pool of 2 - and one of them not even provided - is rambling on in aimless fashion. Not really worth engaging - is it?

Why not put the last 15 games of 2018/19 and the first 8 games of 2019/20 in a “nicely detailed” fashion “broken down into sections” - then we can see if your pool of 2 even exists.

Quite happy that someone “armed” with a pool of 2 - and one of them not even provided - is rambling on in aimless fashion. Not really worth engaging - is it?

Why not put the last 15 games of 2018/19 and the first 8 games of 2019/20 in a “nicely detailed” fashion “broken down into sections” - then we can see if your pool of 2 even exists.
    Not sure what you are on about.