Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Raphinha

Stupid Bayern don’t they have bills to pay.?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Stupid Bayern don’t they have bills to pay.?
    You wont be saying that when we sign the Oxford defender for £300k 🤣🤣

Fair point. We signed Aldridge from Oxford United.

Didn’t work out too bad.

Being serious Steveo im glad we havent gone for him.

If Kabak does well we get him at half price he has 15-20 games to prove himself.

To be honest I haven’t seen much of him. Bayern will get what they want from him or they will shift him.

Hopefully we learn to do the same sharpish with players who are either never fit or not up to the job.

Right now I’d be looking at the conditioning/fitness team behind the scenes as much as the players. Our injuries have been far worse than our rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Right now I’d be looking at the conditioning/fitness team behind the scenes as much as the players. Our injuries have been far worse than our rivals.
    Might be why the guy from Schalke has joined.

How do I put this we have a decent size squad and in a normal season we'd probably get away with it, the issue is we have 4-6 players who you'd think were medical staff not footballers.

Shaqiri Keita Matip Ox Gomez are never fit and as harsh as it is we need to move a few of them.

Gomez has suffered terrible injuries so I can stomach that and he is still young.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Dude we are only taking about 2 seasons right.

I know some of you want to make out that we have been top of the table great for 3 seasons - but we haven’t.

The top of the table form has been just the 2 seasons. So talk of any mid season slump while playing this more pragmatic game boils down to 2 seasons.

Post the evidence of a similar post January form dip in season 2018/19.

I honestly haven’t looked.

And also I do believe that the Covid break rejuvenated our players. I suggested precisely that to LEGS.

IMO we looked like we were entering a similar period to our most recent losses - last Feb just before lockdown.

The fact that we haven’t got close to the form of 2019 in 2020 or 21... is another matter.
    I'm gonna exclude January & February 2021 and months after covid. We haven't won a point in February 2021.

Premier league only.

So prior to covid if you wanted to pick our worst 2 months of the season for each season under Klopp and you said January and February, you'd get 5.33/10 months right.

0.33 ?
    In 18/19 our lowest ppg month was February 2ppg, our next lowest month was a tie that season between 3 months on 2.33 ppg.
    Jan/Oct/Nov tied so I gave them 0.33 each.

The season is usually August-May, 10 months so of the 50 possible answers.

53.33% of the worst months come from 20% of the months.

You can scrap about 6 months as Klopp arrived in October and the 4months after covid lockdown 1.

So 53.33% of our worst months from 22.72% of possible answers. I couldn't be arsed doing more here

Klopp first month October was one of the months as was April 17/18 - CL run.
    October is another month where we usually do a bit worse than the seasons average.
    Listening to Klopp I'd venture a preseason slump time in addition to a post December slump.

Over those 5 seasons we average out at around a third of a point worse off - for Jan&Feb matches versus the rest of the season for each season.

The 17/18 season was an odd year as neither Jan-or-Feb featured in our 2 lowest months and were quite decent.
    Last edited by CCTV; 12th February 2021 at 11:28 PM.

Not the most robust analysis but if you want facts

I did it quickly too, so could be wrong