Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3740414243444546474849505152535457 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    That's not my job. All I know is that many of the players we have in our squad simply aren't up to the task and for one reason or another they should not be playing for the most successful club in England, who not only are the current PL champions, the 2019 CL and WCC champions, but are also one of only five clubs to have their own EC/CL trophy, and who are the fifth richest club in the world.

Would a local pitch and putt 'pro' be selected to play in the Ryder cup, or someone who won a go-kart race whilst on their stag do get signed up by an F1 team? No they wouldn't. Why? Because it would be next level stupidity. If you are or want to be the best you need to have players that can reach that level, and that means going out and actively seeking the best. Not casting a net that has seen better days into a small stream and hoping that you catch something 'edible'.
    City are top of the net spend table, half a billion or 400+million greater than us.
    They still had a dip, so I'm not sure how you think bringing us up to spurs etc would offset a dip, when city top of the table couldn't sustain their performance and points tally.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Skyebo. do you think we should spend money in the summer and compete with the best players even if they cost a lot of money?yes or no?
    Yes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    And how many of those clubs who have outspend us, have actually won anything in the last 5 years ?
    What other clubs do with their money isn't our concern. What is our concern is how much we are, or are not spending. Trying to do things on the cheap is not a viable long term strategy. It hasn't been a viable long term strategy for a fair while now, and certainly stopped being so as soon as the likes of Abramovich and the oil states arrived on the scene. We are one of the few clubs who can compete with those teams, but only if we actually start using the resources we have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Skyebo. do you think we should spend money in the summer and compete with the best players even if they cost a lot of money?yes or no?
    Yes i do but as i've said before, i wouldn't expect them to spend £200m every transfer window, sooner or later they should be happy with the squad they have, and just bring a couple in to keep it topped up.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    What other clubs do with their money isn't our concern. What is our concern is how much we are, or are not spending. Trying to do things on the cheap is not a viable long term strategy. It hasn't been a viable long term strategy for a fair while now, and certainly stopped being so as soon as the likes of Abramovich and the oil states arrived on the scene. We are one of the few clubs who can compete with those teams, but only if we actually start using the resources we have access to.
    Then why bring 13 other clubs into things, if it doesn't concern you ?
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Sick of the excuses!!!!!!!

we lost it when we couldn't get a win against the bot half teams when we had a easy run!!!!!!

you can't blame the injury's or squad for that, was easily good enough to beat them

Against the likes of man city i'd expect a struggle

Leicester a little, but that still isn't a BAD TEAM!!!!!!!!!

"Best goalie in the world allison" (lol)

Trent best young right back in the world next big thing CB worldie henderson and super Robbo

Thiago world class bayern munich playe,r Jones the next gerrard and Wijjjjj that everyone is crying about cus leaving

Then the best front 3 in the world apparently last season

Yes, very shit team that

I'd expect us to lose to burnley

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Yes i do but as i've said before, i wouldn't expect them to spend £200m every transfer window, sooner or later they should be happy with the squad they have, and just bring a couple in to keep it topped up.
    So you want them to spend 200m in the summer?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Isn't this the same squad people was saying best squad we've ever had last year????

Can't beat burnley fulham wba etc etc

ffs FSG

Spending is a convenient excuse, for too many supporters it’s always about money. Problems are deeper. Won multiple trophies with this squad. Klopp doesn’t have plan B in games. We will be 8th place by mid week. It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sick of the excuses!!!!!!!

we lost it when we couldn't get a win against the bot half teams when we had a easy run!!!!!!

you can't blame the injury's or squad for that, was easily good enough to beat them

Against the likes of man city i'd expect a struggle

Leicester a little, but that still isn't a BAD TEAM!!!!!!!!!

"Best goalie in the world allison" (lol)

Trent best young right back in the world next big thing CB worldie henderson and super Robbo

Thiago world class bayern munich playe,r Jones the next gerrard and Wijjjjj that everyone is crying about cus leaving

Then the best front 3 in the world apparently last season

Yes, very shit team that

I'd expect us to lose to burnley
    This is why you aren't managing any team 😉