Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Bet you any money he is fit to play for his country.
    He will play for 90 minutes in each of tgev2 or 3 games.
    Then come back injured again until the summer.
    He can stay there if that happens.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    No-ones saying they can get everyone right. My point was spending as much as we did on those two guarantees nothing as we all now know. And if you want to talk about bargains, look no further than Milner.
    Yeah 35 year old still playing in our midfield. hes been terrible of late. but no worse than the rest though.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    we're the only team that has injury's yep

That squad that gets put out week in, week out is still better than this.

we fucked it by not beating the likes of wba and fulham burnley etc... never mind city and leicester
    Well there's injuries and then there are injuries. We've lost world-class, key players and vital for the set-up of the team. Klopp's made mistakes and owners by not refreshing, substantially, a team running hard for 3 seasons. But I don't doubt they are all trying their best. Circumstances are working against this team. Hopefully, it's a wake-up call for FSG to spend in the summer.

When we win matches and trophies it is Klopp. When we lose it is FSG? When is it Klopp?

We're we beaten on accounting today or what? We were beat3n on mistakes last 2 games not on balance sheet.

FSG will be exposed this upcoming window and next if they are or not.

Klopp is still responsible to do better with the team he has against the team Leicester had, Newcastle, West Brom, Burnley, Brighton. There is no excuse in not beating 14 of the 20 other teams on the league. We have better players, more expensive squad etc. Klopp has to take the blame for the season. Also injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Again I'm not interested in what other clubs are doing with their money, only what we are, or are not doing with ours. If you have a leaky roof, but have enough money to get it fixed, you have nobody else to blame but yourself if you decide to try and fix it yourself using some branches from a tree in your garden and some superglue, and then your house gets flooded.

We have a manager who can and has done well on a 'small' budget. However he needs his sides/squads to be constantly refreshed. That requires a fair bit more money than we are currently spending, but not as much as the likes of Man City can spend without so much as blinking. Some keep trying to make out that we can only compete on a regular basis if we spend similar money to the likes of Man City. That is nonsense, and is why FSG hired Klopp in the first place, so that they could compete on the field without needing to compete when it came to the levels of spending.
    Your analogy holds little weight. We did buy footballers, it's not like we bought tree surgeons.

I asked you about us, our club, how much ?

Seems you don't have a figure, or players, or positions to venture.
    Maybe I'll find someone who can answer these questions.
    Or explain how much more city needed to invest to prevent their dip.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Well there's injuries and then there are injuries. We've lost world-class, key players and vital for the set-up of the team. Klopp's made mistakes and owners by not refreshing, substantially, a team running hard for 3 seasons. But I don't doubt they are all trying their best. Circumstances are working against this team. Hopefully, it's a wake-up call for FSG to spend in the summer.
    It is a wake up call indeed. Let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    And how many of those clubs who have outspend us, have actually won anything in the last 5 years ?
    I know this wasn’t a question for me but thought I would put it down.

Man City x 2 League titles
    Chelsea x 2 league titles

Chelsea x 1 Europa League.
    Man United x 1 Europa League

Arsenal x 2 FA Cups
    Man United x 1 FA Cups
    Man City x 1 FA Cups
    Chelsea x 1 FA Cups

Man City x 4 League Cups
    Man United x 1 League Cups

In fact Skye - everything won except our European cup and League title - in the last 5 years has been by clubs that have outspent us.
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th February 2021 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    if we can't beat burnley etc as I keep saying of course we're not going to beat leicester and man city

but my point is, that squad those games should of easily been won, on paper squad was easily good enough

we're not relegation contenders!!!!!

then these games wouldn't of been such a huge issue as we'd have more points on the board

we failed, we screwed it and now top 4 is unlikely because of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not many good players for 5 million. Robbo was the exception.
    Suarez went for about 5mil even at 34 he's banging them in at Athetico and would have been an upgrade on what we've got

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Your analogy holds little weight. We did buy footballers, it's not like we bought tree surgeons.

I asked you about us, our club, how much ?

Seems you don't have a figure, or players, or positions to venture.
    Maybe I'll find someone who can answer these questions.
    Or explain how much more city needed to invest to prevent their dip.
    I asked the same thing. We spent 35 million on Ox. At the time that was close to our transfer record or one of our most expensive signings of all time. Fsg has spent 30m + on numerous players at the time 30m plus was massive until PSG signed Neymar and Mbappe for 200m.