Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 343464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Doesn’t he deserve some time? He has achieved amazing results with peanuts! The guy is the best thing that has happened to us since Kenny walked out.. in the early 90’s
    He deserved time. Next year this time is 12 months to improve. How much time would he need then. 3 years of coming 9th. He has been given the necessary time at the start and he has delivered. And now in this sticky patch e deserves time again but not forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Your analogy holds little weight. We did buy footballers, it's not like we bought tree surgeons.

I asked you about us, our club, how much ?

Seems you don't have a figure, or players, or positions to venture.
    Maybe I'll find someone who can answer these questions.
    Or explain how much more city needed to invest to prevent their dip.
    We bought substandard, cheap materials/players who weren't fit for purpose and liable to 'break' when put under any pressure. We could/should have gone out and bought 'materials' that were regarded by many as being reliable, and of good quality, but instead we decided to save money for a rainy day, which came not to long afterwards and ended up costing us more than what it would have done to go out and get the job done properly in the first place.

How much we need to/should spend is an unknown factor, simply because it isn't a 'perfect market' (that's an economic term - Google it). However it is blatantly obvious given what we do know about our own situation and what is takes to achieve a sustained period of success, that in order to do so, we (and any other club that has the same ambitions) need to be spending more than what we currently are on improving our team/squad year on year.

You and a few others (inc some that no longer frequent this forum) think that a problem doesn't exist simply because nobody knows for sure what the answer is e.g. the current pandemic. It made me shake my head/want to wobble that of others back then, and it still does now.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Oh i think he would find the back of the net for us and if he did roll around the floor wouldn't be much different than Salah has become accustomed to doing.
    Salah gets nothing when hes dragged to the floor. So i can understand why he goes down. and furthermore most teams have divers.
    Today was the prime example. Barnes basically ran into Thiago and fell down. what was Thiago suppose to do, just step out of the way and let him go through??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Salah gets nothing when hes dragged to the floor. So i can understand why he goes down. and furthermore most teams have divers.
    Today was the prime example. Barnes basically ran into Thiago and fell down. what was Thiago suppose to do, just step out of the way and let him go through??
    There was contact from Thiago no matter how slight had to be a free kick

Leicester's players were at it all game, Taylor was giving them free kicks in dangerous positions at every opportunity that were dives, every single one of them, never ever free kicks, the one he gave against Kabak and booked him for, Kabak saw what was happening turned to go after the ball, was in front of Barnes nearer to the ball, Barnes runs into him and throws himself to ground, never ever a fucking foul
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

But Barnes initiated the contact. again what should players do when the opponents run into you? run backwards? allow the player to go through?? disappear into thin air??

But Barnes initiated the contact. again what should players do when the opponents run into you? run backwards? allow the player to go through?? disappear into thin air??
    Once the ball has been knocked between them and he’s not on the half turn in that situation he’s no choice but to foul or let him by.

Really, so why isn't it a penalty for Mo when their lad caught his foot completely missing the ball, however slight the contact? Thiago doesn't catch barnes, he moves across and stands his ground and Barnes fucking runs into him, how are Brighton given a penalty for Robbo's outstep making the slightest brush with Wellshit's outstep, yet their lad today clearly catches Mo, with although not a huge contact, a greater one that Robbo's and it's not a pen? HOW? Stop fucking being an apologist for the bent as fuck officials, you know full fucking well if that is one of our defenders catching Vardy's foot in our box, VAR are giving a pen all fucking day
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Leicester's players were at it all game, Taylor was giving them free kicks in dangerous positions at every opportunity that were dives, every single one of them, never ever free kicks, the one he gave against Kabak and booked him for, Kabak saw what was happening turned to go after the ball, was in front of Barnes nearer to the ball, Barnes runs into him and throws himself to ground, never ever a fucking foul
    He booked Kabak. Kabak spat at someone. so hes "considered" a bad un..So there for. by reffing by numbers. Kabak will get numerous bookings for little things. Thats how our twatty officials behave..
    They are deceitful. I have no problem in saying it, Ive watched enough football to see how they manage games.

I'm not disagreeing completely with you but the rules are the rules and i have no part in initiating them