Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 444474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Leicester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Geezer - not sure if you have noticed BUT just look at what City have won in the last 5 years compared to us. They didn’t perform at their best last season - were beaten by an unbelievable points total from us - but still came second - still won silverware and have been serial winners before and likely will this season too.

Stop fixation with City. They are out and away
    They are on firmer ground than us no doubt, vastly wealthier owners, have been at the top table longer with several pl winning managers and by and large since 2008 have spent bigly and corruptly. The corruptly aside..

But that doesn't eradicate the fact that with their spending and a world class manager they had a big dip.
    Their drop not as drastic, is evident from their near 2 100 point or close title winning seasons, to last season and into this season when they were 11th in the table before returning to their rhythm over the last 14 games.

We have seen a rise in revenue, a competitiveness in the pl and/or cl over 3 seasons and whilst blighted with injuries and our own dip this year are likely to return stronger like that have done.
    We still have Klopp, players should return and we'll continue to do our best in getting new players into the club. We will push through this wall.

Is there a club you or noods feel I can bring up ?
    Seems ye can post facts, articles, trophy hauls about other clubs in the league.
    But when I bring up the same clubs it's what's the relevance and my obsession. Seems a rather petulant and covering set of responses from ye.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Once the ball has been knocked between them and he’s not on the half turn in that situation he’s no choice but to foul or let him by.
    Hows it a foul when someone else initiated the contact?? if you tripped yourself up on me. would you ring up one of these accident lines?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    He deserved time. Next year this time is 12 months to improve. How much time would he need then. 3 years of coming 9th. He has been given the necessary time at the start and he has delivered. And now in this sticky patch e deserves time again but not forever.
    There's no way 8 teams will finish above us, the squad isn't that bad.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Having just seen the second goal again. Kabak was not to blame he was clearing the ball and Allison put him off running that far out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    There's no way 8 teams will finish above us, the squad isn't that bad.
    Exactly... even with the injury's that everyone blames

we're only out of the top 4 because of relegation fodder and not beating them teams....

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hows it a foul when someone else initiated the contact?? if you tripped yourself up on me. would you ring up one of these accident lines?
    It’s a foul because the ball has been dribbled between the 2 statues and the forward buys it buy running into them. As I said he has no choice but to step aside there. He’d been done.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    It’s a foul because the ball has been dribbled between the 2 statues and the forward buys it buy running into them. As I said he has no choice but to step aside there. He’d been done.
    so its impossible to defend. because if you dont move aside your in trouble??

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    They are on firmer ground than us no doubt, vastly wealthier owners, have been at the top table longer with several pl winning managers and by and large since 2008 have spent bigly and corruptly. The corruptly aside..

But that doesn't eradicate the fact that with their spending and a world class manager they had a big dip.
    Their drop not as drastic, is evident from their near 2 100 point or close title winning seasons, to last season and into this season when they were 11th in the table before returning to their rhythm over the last 14 games.

We have seen a rise in revenue, a competitiveness in the pl and/or cl over 3 seasons and whilst blighted with injuries and our own dip this year are likely to return stronger like that have done.
    We still have Klopp, players should return and we'll continue to do our best in getting new players into the club. We will push through this wall.

Is there a club you or noods feel I can bring up ?
    Seems ye can post facts, articles, trophy hauls about other clubs in the league.
    But when I bring up the same clubs it's what's the relevance and my obsession. Seems a rather petulant and covering set of responses from ye.
    They are petulant - in the same way I would talk to a 12 year old who was asking daft and obscure questions totally at odds to reality.

How should one respond to someone citing the fact that City were 11th at one point this season... ? Really.. is that relevant?

What planet are you even on? Go drink some more of that tea.

You want to post Super Cup ( 1 game and we were outplayed by Chelsea but won via pens ) and CWC ( you cannot even manage to name properly) as major trophies.

Just give it up.

You have absolutely no way to make the point that a low net spend equates to success - it does not and never will. What brought us success was Jurgen Klopp.

Back to school

I still think we will get top 4. anyway be back laters

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    We bought substandard, cheap materials/players who weren't fit for purpose and liable to 'break' when put under any pressure. We could/should have gone out and bought 'materials' that were regarded by many as being reliable, and of good quality, but instead we decided to save money for a rainy day, which came not to long afterwards and ended up costing us more than what it would have done to go out and get the job done properly in the first place.

How much we need to/should spend is an unknown factor, simply because it isn't a 'perfect market' (that's an economic term - Google it). However it is blatantly obvious given what we do know about our own situation and what is takes to achieve a sustained period of success, that in order to do so, we (and any other club that has the same ambitions) need to be spending more than what we currently are on improving our team/squad year on year.

You and a few others (inc some that no longer frequent this forum) think that a problem doesn't exist simply because nobody knows for sure what the answer is e.g. the current pandemic. It made me shake my head/want to wobble that of others back then, and it still does now.
    You've said you advocated for Shaqs signing or at least a player you rated.
    Keita and Matips additions were very highly rated players and both their injury profiles have been developed here and in the league.

My opinion is that the squad and team we have have performed as a unit. You want a settled group, they will over time hit peaks and throughs together.

City for their spending couldn't maintain an awesome level either.
    The idea that adding players is good, is good. The claim it would have radically altered a reality is less credible.
    Again for city's spending it didn't maintain their level.

Steven maintains this is an obsession of mine, to look at the other top side of recent seasons, their net spend and their dip. For me it's just the sensible team to look to as no other side has really hit the same level of excellence.

In terms of spending power within a reasonable expectation however city are not a credible comparison. So I bring up spurs. Manu and arsenal to an extent are living off the glories of yesteryear in terms of sponsorships or stadium development. We can't expect to have United spending power without the legacy manifesting in finances.

So I'm looking for a figure of net spend increase, targeted in 2019, certain positions and how that would have prevented us coming off the pace as city did.

It's not that hard really, you could say a forward in 2019 like jota, just seems difficult for some reason for you or he to provide these thoughts.