Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515455565758596061

Thread: Leicester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'd like to see a better picture for both
    Its a joke how any ref from Manchester is allowed to ref us is stupid.

Im all in for a European league we are respected their but not here let the EPL carry on with Burnley/Stoke see how great it is then.

Aside from the VAR lets actually acknowledge that the free kick at that point was the 4th time in the second half we gave Madisson the opportunity from the exact same area. Four times for a guy whis very good at set pieces. That is both sloppy and poor. We made our own problems today.
    I'm fed up of the after talk too. Robertson chatting shit saying "that's not us etc,etc".
    I don't want to see it anymore. None of the "we'll be better next time" crap that's come after every poor result.

I'm not bashing our lads, or Jurgen, I think Jurgen's made mistakes with everything he's had to contend with, I think his biggest mistake for me and a hugely un Liverpool Way thing he did was actually last season shifting Hendo out of CM when the team had evolved and different patterns of play and movement had emerged with him playing there. For me, when a player has the shirt and he has outperformed the player he took it from and the team has performed better and evolved as it had, you simply don't touch it. If I had to cite an example in which I think it would have been equally as barmy for a manager to do such a thing, but they didn't, it would have been like Redknapp taking Bale out of LM/LFWD and bringing Kranjcar back in as soon as he was fit again, because he had signed Kranjcar to play that position

Our lads are brilliant, they are being systematically robbed, you can talk about the free kicks all you like Tees, none of them were or should have been, the VAR and general never getting anything from officials, by which I mean getting the actually right calls, is definitely affecting them, I've read the Oxford English Dictionary are actually looking at adding to their definition of 'subjective' based on this season's officiating, the current definition is as follows: 1.
    based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
    so in other words, a license to be bias and give things against teams and not give things for teams you don't like.

It's corrupt as fuck, at it's alright saying we've got to rise above it and make sure we get 2 or 3 goals to the good and take the ability away from officials to take points away from us, I've said it myself, but in today's game, we scored a brilliant goal and having seen pretty much all the pens awarded and not given this season on highlights, there's just no question whatsoever Mo should have had a penalty, with which it's 2-0

We have to keep trying to be score more goals and have a safe distance so officials can't stitch us up, but it isn't that straight forward, we just have to try to do it and fight with all we have to do it, be angry, play controlled and focused angry, if we can play like we did for 80 minutes of today's game v Leipzig without the officiating bias we suffer in every single Premier League game, we'll win, maybe it's a good starting point
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Eaggy, if you see this. having just watched the reply of the free kick on Barnes that lead to their goal.I still think Barnes ran into Thiago and threw himself to the floor.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm not bashing our lads, or Jurgen, I think Jurgen's made mistakes with everything he's had to contend with, I think his biggest mistake for me and a hugely un Liverpool Way thing he did was actually last season shifting Hendo out of CM when the team had evolved and different patterns of play and movement had emerged with him playing there. For me, when a player has the shirt and he has outperformed the player he took it from and the team has performed better and evolved as it had, you simply don't touch it. If I had to cite an example in which I think it would have been equally as barmy for a manager to do such a thing, but they didn't, it would have been like Redknapp taking Bale out of LM/LFWD and bringing Kranjcar back in as soon as he was fit again, because he had signed Kranjcar to play that position

Our lads are brilliant, they are being systematically robbed, you can talk about the free kicks all you like Tees, none of them were or should have been, the VAR and general never getting anything from officials, by which I mean getting the actually right calls, is definitely affecting them, I've read the Oxford English Dictionary are actually looking at adding to their definition of 'subjective' based on this season's officiating, the current definition is as follows: 1.
    based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
    so in other words, a license to be bias and give things against teams and not give things for teams you don't like.

It's corrupt as fuck, at it's alright saying we've got to rise above it and make sure we get 2 or 3 goals to the good and take the ability away from officials to take points away from us, I've said it myself, but in today's game, we scored a brilliant goal and having seen pretty much all the pens awarded and not given this season on highlights, there's just no question whatsoever Mo should have had a penalty, with which it's 2-0

We have to keep trying to be score more goals and have a safe distance so officials can't stitch us up, but it isn't that straight forward, we just have to try to do it and fight with all we have to do it, be angry, play controlled and focused angry, if we can play like we did for 80 minutes of today's game v Leipzig without the officiating bias we suffer in every single Premier League game, we'll win, maybe it's a good starting point
    Yeah you know better than Klopp.. well done. now lets see your management badges and your winners medals.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Eaggy, if you see this. having just watched the reply of the free kick on Barnes that lead to their goal.I still think Barnes ran into Thiago and threw himself to the floor.
    He did do that. As I said he bought the free. It’s getting given 10 times out of 10. That’s what the game has morphed into over the last 10 years.

Yep. He did play for it and its getting given every time. The real problem there was 2 players going for the same man, Thiago should have stood off a yard and there wouldn't have been a problem.

I know i get everyones point of view. I just find that kind of cheating worse than players being dragged a little by the arm and falling down. When someone runs into a player and then falls over..I find that utterly distasteful

Also fortunate that we did not lose our replacement CB