Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 164

Thread: It canít get any worse surely

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    9,565
    Weve had injuries, bad ones but every team does. Is there possibly an element of them feeling sorry for themselves?
    If City or for fucks sake even Utd had our injuries would they be on such a poor run?
    I'm not so sure they would.
    We look mentally shot aswell as physically.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Not me Dicko, Iím not in charge. If I were, Iíd fund him, Properly till we had a decent squad that can cope with an injury crisis.

    Read my post, see that Iím worried for him and him remaining at the helm.
    The squad was seen as healthy in terms of options at the start of the season.
    Klopp has been backed by the owners.

    Alisson VVD keita Oxlade mane salah Thiago .
    The squad was possibly missing 1 player at the start of the season.
    A 4th centre back.
    Which considering we had 8 or 9 midfielders Fabinho could cover.

    Why bring in more players too soon when there still was another season in these players.

    Alisson
    TAA GOMEZ VVD ROBERTSON

    HENDERSON FABINHO THIAGO

    SALAH FIRMINO MANE

    BENCH

    JOTA
    ORIGI
    SHAQIRI
    MINAMINO
    JONES
    KEITA
    OXLADE
    Milner
    Tsimikas
    MATIP

    Looking at that 21 players plus 2 or 3 youngsters.... Neco Williams + 2 others.

    I'm sure if covid hadn't been there.

    Origi and Shaqiri gone.
    Possibly Sarr and Timo Werner in.

    The biggest mistake was not getting a 4th CB.
    But tbh nobody could have foreseen what has happened.

    Write this season off.
    Next season we rectify our mistakes.

    Fingers crossed for CL football.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    13,362
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It will get worse for sure.
    I don't see a way out of this where we go on a run. Its going to be stop - start for the rest of the season and I think the Blue-shite will twist the knife. We don't look capable of getting a result and seem to have become fragile once we concede a goal.
    After each bad show we all think there'll be a turnaround but our play is so poor and predictable.
    This whole season needs to be written off but the biggest worry is finishing out of the top 4 and anyone would be foolish to bet agsinst us for that right now.
    Finishing outside the top 4 will make the owners realise Jurgen needs backed and isn't a miracle worker.
    They'll lose Champions league money and that will make them sit up and realise unlike American sport the big clubs aren't always guaranteed the big money.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    20,706
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Weve had injuries, bad ones but every team does. Is there possibly an element of them feeling sorry for themselves?
    If City or for fucks sake even Utd had our injuries would they be on such a poor run?
    I'm not so sure they would.
    We look mentally shot aswell as physically.
    United have been pretty lucky with injuries, they like a lot of good but not great sides setup in more defensive minded ways covering their weaknesses better.

    We seem to be incapable to adapt to our own predicament.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,796
    Hilarious people saying last year this could be the best squad we've ever had

    now it's FSG's fault we can't beat utter shite then surprised when we lose to city and leicester!!!

    still not a fucking relegation side we're putting out

    Fuck off the excuses

    I'm not a massive fan of FSG btw and repeatedly said they need to invest while we was top, they're not great but it's not just there fault imo

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    9,565
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Finishing outside the top 4 will make the owners realise Jurgen needs backed and isn't a miracle worker.
    They'll lose Champions league money and that will make them sit up and realise unlike American sport the big clubs aren't always guaranteed the big money.
    Absolutely.
    They'll be furious but it will serve them right. No doubt about it.
    It was pure folly to think thos squad didn't need beefing up each season. Their greed has got the better of them if the unthinkable happens.
    I never entertained the idea a few weeks back, now I'd say its nailed on.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hilarious people saying last year this could be the best squad we've ever had

    now it's FSG's fault we can't beat utter shite then surprised when we lose to city and leicester!!!

    still not a fucking relegation side we're putting out

    Fuck off the excuses

    I'm not a massive fan of FSG btw and repeatedly said they need to invest while we was top, they're not great but it's not just there fault imo
    So what do you want kev ?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    13,362
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Absolutely.
    They'll be furious but it will serve them right. No doubt about it.
    It was pure folly to think thos squad didn't need beefing up each season. Their greed has got the better of them if the unthinkable happens.
    I never entertained the idea a few weeks back, now I'd say its nailed on.
    For the long term it may not be a bad thing finishing outside top 4. Who knows we could win the champions league this season. Highly unlikely considering how poor we've been, but it could be 2005 all over again.
    No champions league next season would mean playing fringe players in the Europa league and with hopefully our injury crisis over would give us a really good crack at the league.
    We all need to remember it's injuries and not the manager that's cost us this season.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,796
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    So what do you want kev ?
    For the team to get a grip

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hilarious people saying last year this could be the best squad we've ever had

    now it's FSG's fault we can't beat utter shite then surprised when we lose to city and leicester!!!

    still not a fucking relegation side we're putting out

    Fuck off the excuses

    I'm not a massive fan of FSG btw and repeatedly said they need to invest while we was top, they're not great but it's not just there fault imo
    Those saying it could be the best squad ever must be under 20 years old. The teams in the 80s were far superior and won things most years in that decade.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th November 2020, 02:36 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th October 2020, 10:00 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th March 2020, 01:08 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd March 2020, 11:30 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd February 2020, 05:45 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •