Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: It can’t get any worse surely

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    For the long term it may not be a bad thing finishing outside top 4. Who knows we could win the champions league this season. Highly unlikely considering how poor we've been, but it could be 2005 all over again.
    No champions league next season would mean playing fringe players in the Europa league and with hopefully our injury crisis over would give us a really good crack at the league.
    We all need to remember it's injuries and not the manager that's cost us this season.
    It's not though Ian, it's not about the manager or injury's as such.... yes injury's play a part

but the team is nowhere near as good in general, players individually have been shocking, Even allison what the fuck has the last 2 games been about? many times this season he's let in goals he'd normally save.

Then there's firmino - MANE whos utter crap now?? and Salah who still not at his best pulls us out the shitter at times.

Wij isn't really playing for us anymore in my eyes, his heads elsewhere... trent even robertson individually have not been as good

Players need to take the blame too

Klopp a little bit also, for the likes of burnley fulham etc shocking all around, and you can't blame FSG or injury's for that

Every team has injury's maybe not as bad as ours but still

it's not FSG or injury's fault when we have 100 chances we miss

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Those saying it could be the best squad ever must be under 20 years old. The teams in the 80s were far superior and won things most years in that decade.
    Think it was pl side, maybe kev can clarify

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think it was pl side, maybe kev can clarify
    Yes i'm sure even a few stupid pundits was saying it, defo talk of it eitherway.

We bossed that game, they made it difficult, if anyone was their MOTM it was N'Didi, he was excellent today to be honest, their first goal was simply not a foul, they're showing the replay and talking about Thiago, but all he did was stand his ground, there was nowhere for Barnes to go, knocking the ball through a gap which he couldn't possibly squeeze through, running into the player and throwing yourself to ground does NOT constitute a free kick and Leicester's players were at that with Taylor obliging them all fucking game

The second and third goals are purely down to a new defender not being with the program, Alisson shouts, keeper, loud as hell, meaning get the fuck out of the way I'm clearing it, Kabak misunderstands and an almighty fuck up ensues, their third he simply doesn't hold the line, he follows Barnes back and plays him onside

We worked really hard for our goal, scored a brilliant goal and then as with too many games this season the officials couldn't wait to do everything in their power to take what we'd worked so hard for away from us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Those saying it could be the best squad ever must be under 20 years old. The teams in the 80s were far superior and won things most years in that decade.
    Exactly

I actually thought we were a lot better today, moved it quicker, played direct, AGAIN should have scored in the first 5 minutes with a golden opportunity missed though, Thiago did slow it down and we weren't as threatening when he came on admittedly, I think Thiago will be excellent in our best 11, in a midfield with Gini and Hendo coming onto the ball and picking passes from their pressing and counter pressing, we've not got to play our best 11 once this season

I thought Henderson was MOTM.
    What a weird game.
    I didn't look at the match thread. I avoid them now. people just abusing our players.
    What was the general consensus on their allowed onside goal? I couldn't understand it. To me it was as clearly offside. what was I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I actually thought we were a lot better today, moved it quicker, played direct, AGAIN should have scored in the first 5 minutes with a golden opportunity missed though, Thiago did slow it down and we weren't as threatening when he came on admittedly, I think Thiago will be excellent in our best 11, in a midfield with Gini and Hendo coming onto the ball and picking passes from their pressing and counter pressing, we've not got to play our best 11 once this season
    We probably will never see that midfield line up.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I thought Henderson was MOTM.
    What a weird game.
    I didn't look at the match thread. I avoid them now. people just abusing our players.
    What was the general consensus on their allowed onside goal? I couldn't understand it. To me it was as clearly offside. what was I missing?
    Thought so at the time. After the game I can see how he came to the inside conclusion but it was still a sickener

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We probably will never see that midfield line up.
    Not this season at this rate