Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: It can’t get any worse surely

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Its not really an excuse.

When fans are back we dont lose 4 on the spin thats a fact if we didnt do it under Roy we arent doing it under Klopp.

I have had this debate with a few others I 100% stand by it.

Yes cover is a problem but we have had 10 players out WFT do you expect we get one back one/two get injured.

18 CB pairings this season you aint doing shit with that bad luck.

Some are laying into Klopp we are lucky he is here as if it was Brendan we'd be in a whole heap of shit.

It isn’t a fact - the fact is we have lost 4 on the bounce at home. You saying we wouldn’t if there were fans is just proof of delusion.

Again the 18 CB pairing a is all down to a lack of cover. Nothing to do with what Woy Hodgeson did or didn’t do in his 6 months.

Surely you can see this?
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st February 2021 at 01:05 AM.

Also just for clarity City are by far the best team/squad in the league so no complaints in that.

I'll go further whilst Pep is here City win every title.

Klopp has done what he did at Dortmund but you cant compete over time against a country and that will be proven.

Dont look just at us look at United/Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It isn’t a fact - the fact is we have lost 4 on the bounce at home. You saying we wouldn’t if there were fans is just proof of delusion
    You can say what you like fair enough.

I dont agree and when fans are back i'll be right

To be honest - I think you are because you are making all sorts of excuses because things aren’t panning out as you would like. I know I wouldn’t want a player on my team like that.

If you want to be real - I suggested a big crash would be on the cards a full 18 months ago...! Regardless of any pandemic.

5 months before we started to slip - and 7 months before the first lockdown.

You can blame BCD - injuries - the wind - VAR, but the truth is that a lack of cover at the back - a raft of sick notes and overworked players as a result - is what has cost us most recently - while before that we were not close to what we were in 2020.

That’s not to say everything you are saying is wrong BUT simply that BCD is no excuse for our form.
    Prior to the 1st lockdown we lost 1 game v Napoli in the group stages, 1 defeat in the league and botched a 1-0 loss in the first leg v Atletico and lost the second leg largely down to Adrian.

Our form dropped off massively after the first lockdown. Your theory re acquired exhaustion only came to fruition after the lockdown.

At least with legs his theory correlates well with the reality of results. Albeit a single factor doesn't explain it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You can say what you like fair enough.

I dont agree and when fans are back i'll be right
    No you won’t be right because it will never be a fact.

We did lose 4 on the bounce back in 1923. Just as we might do again near season - or maybe not for a hundred years..

Facts are facts - what you think does not equate to fact.

A pretty important distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Prior to the 1st lockdown we lost 1 game v Napoli in the group stages, 1 defeat in the league and botched a 1-0 loss in the first leg v Atletico and lost the second leg largely down to Adrian.

Our form dropped off massively after the first lockdown. Your theory re acquired exhaustion only came to fruition after the lockdown.

At least with legs his theory correlates well with the reality of results. Albeit a single factor doesn't explain it all.
    Except our form dropped off BEFORE lockdown - just go have a look

Except our form dropped off BEFORE lockdown - just go have a look
    I think Jurgen needs a break but because of this virus it just would not help him.
    I feel for him.

That.....and under various versions of Klopps teams we could always score goals....the problem was always the accidents waiting to happen defense....... is he changing that attacking style to be more cautious? I would much rather lose 2-3 than 2 nill .... given our situation I I don't think we have been that bad....but we just don't seem to have any potency up front any more...and for God sake even put one of the young up and coming strikers on.....someone that will kick the ball hard at the goal.....its all too intricate ....

@ LEGS and CCTV

We lost 4 of our last 6 games before lockdown. This isn’t difficult to ascertain.

Atletico - 1:0
    Watford - 3:0
    Chelsea - 2:0
    Atletico - 2:3 AET

We only lost 1 of our first 6 games after lockdown

City 4:0

These are facts

And @CC

My theory re exhaustion was evident to anyone who goes to games. Ask them how easily we beat Norwich - or Wolves or Shrewsbury x 2.

The writing was on the wall for anyone who knows the game. We were living on the aura. Teams were in awe of us - we took so many points from the start of the 2018/19 season to Christmas 2020... but we were struggling to win games - often just getting over the line - v Wolves with big help from VAR.

First lockdown helped us. But only delayed the inevitable.
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st February 2021 at 01:23 AM.