Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: It can’t get any worse surely

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No you won’t be right because it will never be a fact.

We did lose 4 on the bounce back in 1923. Just as we might do again near season - or maybe not for a hundred years..

Facts are facts - what you think does not equate to fact.

A pretty important distinction.
    Ok its not a fact you are correct wrong choice of wording by me.

I'll phrase it again when fans are back for the first lets say 3 seasons I dont think we lose 4 at Anfield on the trot.

You had to go back to 1923 to show the last time it happened, i'd say its highly unlikely to happen in our lifetime again.

If im so wrong why does everyone say the crowd is the 12th man etc it clearly does have an impact as stats all over Europe prove this.

I said this 3-4 months ago when we beat Barca 4-0 do you think we beat them 2 years ago 4-0 BCD ??? YES or NO.....im saying NO.

And you would be right. The question is who is to blame for that.

Some will blame Klopp and I will blame the owners.
    Probably a bit of both?
    I don't klopp has always gotten his 1st choice player.
    2ndly and this is just what I read and has been said on here, is that Klopp likes a small squad of players to work with. That's OK of it is packed with quality. Ours isn't.

But nobody would argue with that. I have stated the same myself.

We know it has an effect - a huge effect in fact - but that does not mean we know the outcome.

Who would have known we would go 4 years without losing at Anfield and the. Lose 4 on the trot?

Who would have known that a global pandemic would keep the world stuck indoors?

Sadly tempting fate is a recurring theme in life. This forum is no different.

Summer 2020 - Musings on here that our data analysis team influence the buying of players seemingly immune to injury - or those with outstanding injury record...
    Check

Summer 2020: Ramblings that we have 3 or 4 players for most positions....
    Check.

Laughing at the lowly league position of United in the “Demise of” Thread....
    Check

Look what happens next.
    What happens next? Don't say Relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Probably a bit of both?
    I don't klopp has always gotten his 1st choice player.
    2ndly and this is just what I read and has been said on here, is that Klopp likes a small squad of players to work with. That's OK of it is packed with quality. Ours isn't.
    Again probably correct - Klopp is not blameless. But he has achieved so much with relatively so little ( relative net spend ) it seems crazy now to put all the blame on him.

But nobody would argue with that. I have stated the same myself.

We know it has an effect - a huge effect in fact - but that does not mean we know the outcome.

Who would have known we would go 4 years without losing at Anfield and the. Lose 4 on the trot?

Who would have known that a global pandemic would keep the world stuck indoors?
    Klopp has been here over 5 years at no point has he EVER had results like this here.

Im going on what has happened THIS season and in my head it adds up, you have toxic fan bases like Villa West Ham and Everton funny how they are doing ok without em hey.

People make predictions all the time its like me saying Pulis would make a shit manager here its not a fact but its highly likely he fails !

Mbappe/Haaland might not score 10 goals a season here, I think they would but anyone can argue they wont and they could be right.

Anyway the league is pretty much dead for us this season and we have had bad luck with sime injuries but certain players need to go as they are never fit we know who they are.

Again probably correct - Klopp is not blameless. But he has achieved so much with relatively so little ( relative net spend ) it seems crazy now to put all the blame on him.
    Im not putting all the blame on him. I'm convinced as a manager there is no way he could 100% happy with the squad.
    He has been brilliant and for us and I'm convinced once all the players are back he will have us up there again.

No you won’t be right because it will never be a fact.

We did lose 4 on the bounce back in 1923. Just as we might do again near season - or maybe not for a hundred years..

Facts are facts - what you think does not equate to fact.

A pretty important distinction.
    We'll lose 5 on the bounce at home. Chelsea is our next home league game.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Im not putting all the blame on him. I'm convinced as a manager there is no way he could 100% happy with the squad.
    He has been brilliant and for us and I'm convinced once all the players are back he will have us up there again.
    Once the players are all back they will be a season and a half older than they were when I believe they started to burn out. Milner will be too old. Hendo - already starting to pick up injuries after 2/3 consecutive games - Gini likely gone.. Gomez will always be a risk - Matip likely gone and can't depend on him either way. Is Kabak or Davies going to step up to partner Virgil IF he also comes back at 100%..?

There is work to do and all our rivals have also improved over the time. This is why you strike when you are on top. For us that lost summer and pathetic January (Minamino) is going to prove hugely costly.

I have been banging on about it like a broken record ( apologies ) since September 2019 - surely the pundits will start their expert analysis in the next few months - let's see how long it take the inbreds to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We'll lose 5 on the bounce at home. Chelsea is our next home league game.
    We will beat them - Klopp can't lose to the Tuchas