Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: It can’t get any worse surely

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    The last part of what you say. He hasn't enough quality players. I'm starting to believe he doesn't trust many players outside of a core 12 to 13 and the majority of those are injured. With all our mounting problems and games he still isn't rotating. Theikes of tmiskas, ox and origi have been available but never play. So he obviously doesn't rate them to play. That's my thinking.
    I'd say that's pretty much fact. Philips a guy who almost left in the summer but yet is still a genuine CB has been overlooked to play midfielders in that position.
    Crazy when you think about it and a real mistake from Klopp. The constant chop change of CBs this season has had an effect for sure, we might not be much better off had he for instance played Williams and Philips from the off together so they forged some form of partnership but I'd say having Hendo and Fab in midfield would have garnered atleast a few more points.
    The injuries have had a knock on effect on many more things aside from the just defence, its clear that its gradually eroded our confidence all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Once the players are all back they will be a season and a half older than they were when I believe they started to burn out. Milner will be too old. Hendo - already starting to pick up injuries after 2/3 consecutive games - Gini likely gone.. Gomez will always be a risk - Matip likely gone and can't depend on him either way. Is Kabak or Davies going to step up to partner Virgil IF he also comes back at 100%..?

There is work to do and all our rivals have also improved over the time. This is why you strike when you are on top. For us that lost summer and pathetic January (Minamino) is going to prove hugely costly.

I have been banging on about it like a broken record ( apologies ) since September 2019 - surely the pundits will start their expert analysis in the next few months - let's see how long it take the inbreds to get there.
    100 effing percent right.
    Obviously its become a tired argument for us all now but it still remains the same. FSG have not done enough to keep us where we were or more importantly where we were heading. They have rested on their laurels and thought that it was job done.

I really do think their time is coming to an end because I cannot see them doing what is required and its not simply going to be a case of "we'll be back" once certain players are fit. This team has peaked and needs to be adjusted. Rebuild is not the word, more like the brickwork needs re-pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We'll lose 5 on the bounce at home. Chelsea is our next home league game.
    I'm worried about bottom of the table Sheffield United to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I'm worried about bottom of the table Sheffield United to be honest
    Yep i'll be honest I dont fancy us in any league game at the minute.

The sharpness has gone we arent hunting the ball as a pack like we did I think we are knackered.

I have noticed as well we dont bring the ball under control its bouncing off us quite often.

Just saw Sheff Utd decision last night its comical that wasnt given as a penalty, you cant be the richest league and have these idiots as officials its not good enough.

I would also insist that no Manchester based ref does our games either.

I mean would Mike Dean be allowed to ref Liverpool v Utd/City ?

Its ok for Anyhony Taylor as he supports "Altringham" as much as Tyler supports "Woking".

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yep i'll be honest I dont fancy us in any league game at the minute.

The sharpness has gone we arent hunting the ball as a pack like we did I think we are knackered.

I have noticed as well we dont bring the ball under control its bouncing off us quite often.

Just saw Sheff Utd decision last night its comical that wasnt given as a penalty, you cant be the richest league and have these idiots as officials its not good enough.

I would also insist that no Manchester based ref does our games either.

I mean would Mike Dean be allowed to ref Liverpool v Utd/City ?

Its ok for Anyhony Taylor as he supports "Altringham" as much as Tyler supports "Woking".
    Bouncing off, first touch isn't there and the passing has been extremely short.

Less said about our forward play the better to be honest.

You're spot on regarding the EPL being the best in the world, yet having awful officiating. I agree, the penally for Everton was a none decision, and the ref didn't even watch the replay. I cant agree that its a conspiracy against us, no matter how many decisions go against us.

I'd say the only way is up, but we've been saying this for a while and I for one am extremely worried about how we're going to get our next goal, before even thinking about our next win.

I reckon we'll get a penalty via salah at shef utd and win don't worry lads

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Well well well.. In desperation Jones is now included as a genuine first team player back in January and February of 2020... so too is Neco Williams... But guess what - if they play in cup competition then they don’t count. HAHA

There must be some serious GM croppage in your neck of the woods..

Batshit crazy.

Regardless of the players stated and if you really believe they were good enough alternatives at the time.. Klopp clearly did not. So he must either be in favour of running his star players into the ground OR - and far more likely - he simply doesn’t have enough star players even to compete on more than one front!
    To date
    Jones has played 2,347 mins of 1st team football
    Neco has 1,368 mins of 1st team football

These are 2 kids who hardly fit, as with the other 4, 2 signed after the time proposed, as proof of the accumulated fatigue proposal.

Klopps taken the domestic cups as he has, giving b-teamers a chance to play.
    Now you're alleging these games as proof of star players being run into the ground. When these by and large are games he rests star players in

While your at it maybe add the 5-0 loss to villa in the efl cup as a proof of the accumulated fatigue of our star players manifesting in a bad loss a host of star players fatigued from all the 1st team football
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/3276469

Klopp hasn't taken the cups too seriously as they are diminished in the modern game. He's prioritised league and CL as that's where the glory and money resides. It gives young players a chance and back up players theirs.

Now for clarity are you saying
    A) these 6 players aren't 1st team stars, ergo accumulated fatigue claim does not apply
    Yet game is cited as proof

Or

B) they are first team stars and accumulated fatigue claim is made, when each of them had played so little football coming into the 19/20 season.

Or is it time for something else entirely, that in 19/20 Klopp picked weakened teams unlike other years due to your proposed acquired fatigue.

I am saying that it is beyond boring - might not be if you live in a field - and pointless talking about this with someone who so clearly refuses to even acknowledge facts - preferring to twist excuses out - change goal posts and generally talk in a code language I do not wish to engage in.

The owners have failed to back the manager and the team has run out of energy as a result.

That is my opinion - you choose yours.

I’d say we might see huge changes in the summer. Watching other teams this season even the tier of teams in and around 5th and 6th have much better quality in the bench and in midfield than us and are all playing with more energy and drive than us. Well get to see can klopp regenerate a team in this next couple of years. Be nice if we could be in a position to challenge again by 23/24 before he goes

We know we haven't hit rock bottom yet if we're assuming Klopp will still be in charge.