Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v RV Leipzig

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep Beglin was genuine top quality - it was a crying shame that one.
    I was watching the game and it was an awful tackle, I played against him here in Waterford in the local leagues under 12's, he was an amazing player even then we all knew he had the X factor.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We can win mate these arent always secure at the back.

They are a wild team I think we'll score.

Get through and then its QF time we know when you get that far its game on.
    Yeah thats the plan,Just get into the next round. For years even a defeat in the away first leg wasn't the end of it as we had to bring them to Anfield with a full stadium under the lights. Sadly We don't have that this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yeah thats the plan,Just get into the next round. For years even a defeat in the away first leg wasn't the end of it as we had to bring them to Anfield with a full stadium under the lights. Sadly We don't have that this season.
    Not having the real Anfield makes it harder but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by trueandred View Post
    I was watching the game and it was an awful tackle, I played against him here in Waterford in the local leagues under 12's, he was an amazing player even then we all knew he had the X factor.
    I saw him a few times - IMO he was as good as anything we have ever had at Left back... Had literally all the tools - could play in the middle too. Was good enough to go and play for the best sides in Europe. Total tragedy what happened.

Makes you realise the risk all players take when they go out on the pitch. Especially back than - the rules today and the cameras mean that the most sickening and dangerous defending we saw so often back then is pretty rare nowadays.

If Beglin doesn’t get that injury - our history and subsequent demise in the early 90’s might be quite different.

I agree totally and what a player. The best player to come out of this neck of the woods for sure.

I saw him a few times - IMO he was as good as anything we have ever had at Left back... Had literally all the tools - could play in the middle too. Was good enough to go and play for the best sides in Europe. Total tragedy what happened.

Makes you realise the risk all players take when they go out on the pitch. Especially back than - the rules today and the cameras mean that the most sickening and dangerous defending we saw so often back then is pretty rare nowadays.

If Beglin doesn’t get that injury - our history and subsequent demise in the early 90’s might be quite different.
    Mark Wright getting injured as he did was a major blow also, he was a great CB, for me the best we had after Jockey and Lawro until Virgil came
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by trueandred View Post
    I agree totally and what a player. The best player to come out of this neck of the woods for sure.
    There was also a fantastic and hugely underrated player from just 100 miles up the road. Whelan - another one of my favourite players.

Fabulous player our Ronny Whelan.
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th February 2021 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mark Wright getting injured as he did was a major blow also, he was a great CB, for me the best we had after Jockey and Lawro until Virgil came
    Yep - let’s hope Virgil comes back in good shape - you never know with these long term injuries.

There was also a fantastic and hugely underrated player from just 100 miles up the road. Whelan - another one of my favourite players.

Fabulous player our Ronny Whelan.
    Does great commentary, sticks the boot in where applicable and provides good insight.

United had some good fortune playing these with a diamond. Might be an option for Jurgen to augment our setup slightly.