Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Subjective/subjectivity

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Just look at the results mate. Title was won by end of January. Amazing feat - but you have to be able to see what happens next.

Didn’t need to be so pronounced. We also could have ridden this season far better than we are doing: that’s all.
    Fair enough Steveo.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    PigsLivesMatter
    I love pigs to be fair.

Oink oink

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I love pigs to be fair.

Oink oink
    Me too, like a pig in shit, I went for a swim in the Atlantic today. Very refreshing

1. based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Has anyone else spotted the case for the prosecution and the fundamental flaw in the use of the term subjective yet?

Genuine question here, if certain fouls and types of fouls are considered penalties or free kicks by referees or VAR officials on the grounds of their personal feelings, tastes or opinions, then that surely means those officials will arrive at the same decisions for the same, almost identical types of fouls in the same positions, it stands to reason and makes perfect logical sense, if the argument some decisions are subjective, then if he's faced with that foul again in a practically identical situation, using his subjectivity he surely arrives at the same decision
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

From ESPN

Maguire vs. Azpilicueta
    Man United 0-0 Chelsea (Oct. 24)

What happened? Chelsea played a ball into box in the first half and Harry Maguire and Cesar Azpilicueta battled for the ball, with the Manchester United defender heading clear. However, replays showed that Maguire went over the top of Azpilicueta, with both arms around his shoulders, to get to the ball first. A holding offence is defined as "when a player's contact with an opponent's body or equipment impedes the opponent's movement."

Harry Maguire appears to have Cesar Azpilicueta in a headlock at Old Trafford. Oli Scarff - Pool/Getty Images
    What about the review? This took place in the background while play continued and the VAR, Stuart Attwell, quickly decided there was not enough in the challenge to warrant a penalty to Chelsea.

Controversy rating 9/10: This was a crucial decision which could have handed Chelsea three points at Old Trafford. Attwell was too quick to move on and allow the play to restart when it did eventually stop.

VAR rating 2/10: Referee Martin Atkinson may have been unsighted, but Attwell should have picked up on a "serious missed incident." What made matters worse is that Attwell, acting as referee, had given a very soft penalty for holding by Brighton's Tariq Lamptey on Crystal Palace's Michy Batshuayi just six days earlier.
    It can't be 'subjective' if Atwell gave a pen for a less extreme foul of the same nature a few days earlier, and this was a nailed on pen, and there are several other instances of the same refs giving penalties for the exact same fouls for one side and not another, I've noticed they've suddenly dropped using their buzz word in the last 2 weeks
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”