Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Subjective/subjectivity

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No wonder every other set of fans likes to laugh at us and sticks the boot in.
    Go back to last season and see how many decisions went in our favour. Nobody was complaining about refs or VAR then. We have had some go against us but like injuries so has every other team.
    It just makes you sound bitter and delusional. We are where we are. Theres 3 instances where we've been robbed. Yesterday on the first goal,Everton and Brighton. So that 4 or possibly 6/7 points. Other teams can more than likely say the same. We robbed Fulham of 2 points getting a penalty that shouldn't have been given.
    VAR and refs have nothing to do with how this team is currently performing.
    But statistically we didn't not benefit from VAR decisions last season. That's a construct of opposing fans. More decisions went against us than for us.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We nearly won the pissing title in 2009 FFS beating a superb United 1:4 at Old Toilet....!

Won the European Cup in 2005 NUMBER 5 the FA Cup in 2006 and were beaten Finalists in 2007 CL.!!

Have some of you totally lost leave of your senses?

FSG have done a number on so many of yous.

It’s like there is a void in your brains. Everything between 1990 and 2010 wiped out..
    Who were the owners in 2009? How sustainable was their approach?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The problems Rafa had was we had poor a squad other than the first 11/13 squad players. He wanted some more back up players. But
    Dick Turpin and Robinhood. werent going to give him any more money..
    Safety first manager - hence we negotiated 2 legs against some of the best sides in Europe arguably even better than Klopp has managed. At least if we accept the squad wasn’t quite as good.

He wasn’t at Klopp’s level -certainly not for the cut and thrust of English Premier league football - but had a better eye for the top level game and had some incredible players.

Rafa’s Liverpool would have been a nightmare for Klopp’s to face over 2 legs!

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Who were the owners in 2009? How sustainable was their approach?
    Cowboys - and it wasn’t sustainable at all.

That is precisely the point.

Worst owners in our history but we almost won a title.

Like I said - citing the owners as the biggest factor is just plain wrong. They just ain’t. They can hold you back or help you progress but ultimately the manager dictates the largest part.

Cowboys - and it wasn’t sustainable at all.

That is precisely the point.

Worst owners in our history but we almost won a title.

Like I said - citing the owners as the biggest factor is just plain wrong. They just ain’t. They can hold you back or help you progress but ultimately the manager dictates the largest part.
    Ok. I misunderstood your point. I think owners deserve some credit but aren't the main reason.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    But statistically we didn't not benefit from VAR decisions last season. That's a construct of opposing fans. More decisions went against us than for us.
    More VAR decisions went against us than for last season? I'm not sure about that. I dont recall many going against us. The Firmino one against Villa I think springs to mind where he was classed as offside by his finger or whatever it was. I cant think of any others right now.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    More VAR decisions went against us than for last season? I'm not sure about that. I dont recall many going against us. The Firmino one against Villa I think springs to mind where he was classed as offside by his finger or whatever it was. I cant think of any others right now.
    This is about the excuse of subjectivity, if Robbo gives Wellshit the merest brush outstep to outstep in the box and he throws himself to ground rolling around and that's a pen, then their lad missing the ball and catching Mo's foot and actually stopping him progressing with the ball, which wasn't the case with Wellshit is surely a nailed on pen

If a defender running back catching Pogba's leg by accident as it comes back in his stride of running is a penalty on a Saturday night, then it's a penalty the day after when the Southampton lad does exactly the same to Mane and by their lads own reaction he knew it was a fucking pen too

If the law on handball states that an arm blocking a shot on goal, even in a natural position is now a penalty, then that's the letter of the law and the Southampton lad doing that is a pen, that's not even subjective, it's a fucking pen by the letter of the law, the pen given to City for Gomez's handball in a natural position when running wasn't even a shot on goal, it was an attempted cross

And there isn't any excusing too many VAR decisions, Son offside stopped a frame early when the ball was still wit Lo Celso, Werner pen for Chelsea, never a pen, not even a foul, VAR not correcting Virgil being at least a yard on v the bitters, VAR ruling Mane off, yesterday's goal, the WBA players clear and obvious foul on Fab for their goal, there is no excusing these decisions, they have the benefit of replay, they aren't subjective or open to interpretation, they are clear and obvious deliberate, bent wrong decisions, it's impossible for even an apologist to see it any other way
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

But even with or without VAR every ref will react and give decisions differently. Thats why VAR hasnt solved anything. Its the refs interpretation and they are often not going to be the same.
    I don't agree with some of the VARs that have gone against us, we didn't think the Brighton was a pen but plenty of other people did.
    We have been on the wrong end of them this season but I'm not going along with any deliberate wrong doing or kind if anti LFC bias.

But seemingly plenty of it to waste on trying all manner of ways to prove that black is in fact a light shade of grey.

Gazing out on the woods - if trees actually grow there? The logic goes that our manager actually seeks out the chance to spend as little as is possible. Happy to pile the workload onto the few... Preferring to miss out on titles and trophies over winning fewer but doing so while spending less than Sheffield United..!

English isn't my first language, but I was under the impression that woods without trees would be a field or some other landscape. That the timber of trees is an integral part of the woods.

He said he wanted to build a team organically and judge him after 3 years, seems you have an issue with his style and character.

If he wanted a massive budget and titles he'd have held out for one of the clubs who would have given him that massive budget and guarantee. Would have had his choice of clubs. Would have left Dortmund earlier.

So carry on moaning about the qualities of a man who'd take the challenge, relish it and succeed, for not being the man who'd refuse the offer. Ignore replies and ask the same question again, ignore points or questions put to you.

PSG, Bayern, Juve, Chelsea, Manu, Real, Barca. Excluding city as they were building towards pep for a while.
    He could of joined any of those clubs.
    So why didn't he ?

Did he come here under the provision he'd get half the net spend as previous manager ?

Did the owners say he'd get the same and then shaft him on net spend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    This is about the excuse of subjectivity, if Robbo gives Wellshit the merest brush outstep to outstep in the box and he throws himself to ground rolling around and that's a pen, then their lad missing the ball and catching Mo's foot and actually stopping him progressing with the ball, which wasn't the case with Wellshit is surely a nailed on pen

If a defender running back catching Pogba's leg by accident as it comes back in his stride of running is a penalty on a Saturday night, then it's a penalty the day after when the Southampton lad does exactly the same to Mane and by their lads own reaction he knew it was a fucking pen too

If the law on handball states that an arm blocking a shot on goal, even in a natural position is now a penalty, then that's the letter of the law and the Southampton lad doing that is a pen, that's not even subjective, it's a fucking pen by the letter of the law, the pen given to City for Gomez's handball in a natural position when running wasn't even a shot on goal, it was an attempted cross

And there isn't any excusing too many VAR decisions, Son offside stopped a frame early when the ball was still wit Lo Celso, Werner pen for Chelsea, never a pen, not even a foul, VAR not correcting Virgil being at least a yard on v the bitters, VAR ruling Mane off, yesterday's goal, the WBA players clear and obvious foul on Fab for their goal, there is no excusing these decisions, they have the benefit of replay, they aren't subjective or open to interpretation, they are clear and obvious deliberate, bent wrong decisions, it's impossible for even an apologist to see it any other way
    What about mos pen last week.