Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Subjective/subjectivity

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    English isn't my first language, but I was under the impression that woods without trees would be a field or some other landscape. That the timber of trees is an integral part of the woods.

He said he wanted to build a team organically and judge him after 3 years, seems you have an issue with his style and character.

If he wanted a massive budget and titles he'd have held out for one of the clubs who would have given him that massive budget and guarantee. Would have had his choice of clubs. Would have left Dortmund earlier.

So carry on moaning about the qualities of a man who'd take the challenge, relish it and succeed, for not being the man who'd refuse the offer. Ignore replies and ask the same question again, ignore points or questions put to you.

PSG, Bayern, Juve, Chelsea, Manu, Real, Barca. Excluding city as they were building towards pep for a while.
    He could of joined any of those clubs.
    So why didn't he ?

Did he come here under the provision he'd get half the net spend as previous manager ?

Did the owners say he'd get the same and then shaft him on net spend ?
    Yep - I am suggesting you seem to have a restricted view - but am also aware that much of Ireland is open field.

You seem to be suggesting that you know Klopp in an intimate way - at least in a better way than I do - which you don’t.

You also seem to unable to spot the difference between spending well and at the right time and spending massive amounts ( the old - we aren’t City or you want a sugar daddy BS ) the usual warped logic cited by anyone defending our “backers” - which is clearly what you are doing.

You also ask WHY Klopp came to Liverpool over the big clubs in Europe... We were a sleeping Giant... hence the 12 year old comment... was last season the first title you have witnessed?

Are you not aware what a club and what a city Liverpool is. ...? If not what on Earth are you doing with this club either - why not follow Juve - Barca - Real..

This club is unique yer daft eedjit

CCTV - If you honestly believe that Klopp is here because he is in love with John W Henry and the Moneyball model over the clubs standing itself. The chance to resurrect what was and is again the most successful football club in the land - then I can at least understand your logic - however flawed it may be.

In my tiny mind - he is here because of the fit between the club, the players and the fans. That trinity Shankly spoke of. Nothing whatsoever to do with a group of sports business owners from Boston,
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th February 2021 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - I am suggesting you seem to have a restricted view - but am also aware that much of Ireland is open field.

You seem to be suggesting that you know Klopp in an intimate way - at least in a better way than I do - which you don’t.

You also seem to unable to spot the difference between spending well and at the right time and spending massive amounts ( the old - we aren’t City or you want a sugar daddy BS ) the usual warped logic cited by anyone defending our “backers” - which is clearly what you are doing.

You also ask WHY Klopp came to Liverpool over the big clubs in Europe... We were a sleeping Giant... hence the 12 year old comment... was last season the first title you have witnessed?

Are you not aware what a club and what a city Liverpool is. ...? If not what on Earth are you doing with this club either - why not follow Juve - Barca - Real..

This club is unique yer daft eedjit
    No I can only profile Klopp as you do regularly.
    However you seem to have a profile or claims at odd with the man himself, who has been well documented.

Seems you can admit he chose a unique club over guaranteed titles and a big budget.
    If he wanted a massive trophy haul and top budget, he could have chosen another club and left Dortmund earlier.

Again avoiding simple questions.

No, last season was not the first title I've witnessed us winning. I did miss out on the old glory days, followed lfc because of its Irish internationals and would say a follower since that era onwards. Post 1990.

Yes, I've been to the city and outside the grounds. Yet to get a matchday ticket.

"I love the history. I really am a football romantic. I knew I probably can help. They maybe really need me, in this time. I know what I'm good at,"

1) The logic goes that our manager actually seeks out the chance to spend as little as is possible. 2) Happy to pile the workload onto the few... 3)Preferring to miss out on titles and trophies over winning fewer 4)but doing so while spending less than Sheffield United..!
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    PSG, Bayern, Juve, Chelsea, Manu, Real, Barca. Excluding city as they were building towards pep for a while.
    He could of joined any of those clubs.
    So why didn't he ?

A) Did he come here under the provision he'd get half the net spend as previous manager ?

B) Did the owners say he'd get the same and then shaft him on net spend ?
    CCTV - If you honestly believe that Klopp is here because he is in love with John W Henry and the Moneyball model over the clubs standing itself. The chance to resurrect what was and is again the most successful football club in the land - then I can at least understand your logic - however flawed it may be.

In my tiny mind - he is here because of the fit between the club, the players and the fans. That trinity Shankly spoke of. Nothing whatsoever to do with a group of sports business owners from Boston,
    1) yes he understands money and is fiscally conservative, thats his record.
    2) he prefers smaller squads - on record
    3) yes, he stayed at Dortmund and joined LFC when if titles and money were his concern he'd have plenty of better offers.
    He doesn't enjoy losing.
    4) his net spend at Dortmund was low, his net spend at lfc was/is low, if he wanted more net spend he'd have plenty of offers.

These aren't perfect answers but they at least considered with the reality. If Jurgen wanted to best Pep/Jose he'd not have joined lfc. If he wanted bigger spending etc, his career correlates with underdogs and underdog spending. Jose never took that option when he had the better option, Peps never taken it.

A&B
    He joined lfc with certain restraints relative to other offers, as was his position at Dortmund similar.

Answer a and b please, explain how you see it.

Our net spend is lower under Klopp than before Klopp, utter madness given football inflation, revenue increases and profits.
    But how is that down to jwh and co, did they bully klopp, exploit his desperation to join lfc, is it just a coincidence that hes a bit of a hipster and choses to stay or join smaller clubs when the bigger offers are there to be taken.

There is a certain pride in knowing you took over a sleeping giant and transformed the club... organically and with excellence.
    You helped sort out the finances.
    Got good money for your sales.
    Bought excellently.
    Competed with one of the best managers in history, with a fraction of the spend.
    Competed with your historic rival and bested them with ease as they spent the same as city.
    Competed with spurs the most comparable club financially and spent less than them.
    Net spent less than 13 other clubs or whatever amount.
    That is his achievement and style.

Hes not Lewandowski, hes not gotze, not pep, not jose, etc he chooses the path less travelled. The harder challenge.

Hes a smart man whose learned from Dortmund and identified the issues he had. Net spend is not a priority seemingly.

He could have left Dortmund prior to his eventual departure. He could have taken a top club that was awake and a giant. He could have taken ac Milan.
    But he didn't and it's unlikely imo he took the job and wouldn't have had at least the same capacity to invest as measured by net spend at the same level as Kenny and Br adjusting for inflation. But he hasn't, now you want to say that's the owners. I'm just saying Klopp likes it in the trenches.

Does he make sense ? No.
    Humans aren't exactly logical, Klopp from an outside viewpoint is one of the least logical.

Why didn't he bail from Dortmund earlier.
    Why didn't he take an easier job with bigger spending and title success.
    Why would he take the job with less finances than his predecessors in terms of net spend when income, inflation and profits all increased.
    If he loved liverpool so much why didn't he bail from Dortmund earlier.

His net spend at Dortmund over 7 years was 57.881 million
    Around 8.23 mill per year

Most of his net spend at Dortmund came in his last year. Prior to that its in the 100s of thousands a year.

Klopp fits liverpool perfectly

Liverpool fits klopp perfectly too.

The culture, the people, the style of football, heavy metal football.

Nobody likes losing.

And when we do we look for someone or something to blame.
    Bobby or Kuyt, var / ref, net spend or players we should have signed. Ffs Parry!

Klopp lives with the pressure of 'fans' , social media fb african liverpool expert fans, journalists, tv, radio 'talk shows', 'pundits', the owners, expectations and family.

What an amazing man he is !

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Klopp fits liverpool perfectly

Liverpool fits klopp perfectly too.

The culture, the people, the style of football, heavy metal football.

Nobody likes losing.

And when we do we look for someone or something to blame.
    Bobby or Kuyt, var / ref, net spend or players we should have signed. Ffs Parry!

Klopp lives with the pressure of 'fans' , social media fb african liverpool expert fans, journalists, tv, radio 'talk shows', 'pundits', the owners, expectations and family.

What an amazing man he is !
    All managers need broad shoulders, otherwise they wouldn't survive. The financial rewards are huge for the ones at the top table, a reason why i never feel sorry if they get the sack, they soon find another one, unlike your average person who could be out of work indefinitely if they lose their job.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

"When they told me about the problems they had I thought, 'OK, yeah, I am probably the really right manager for that club'.

"A little thing. Liverpool is a world class brand, big, big, big, but in Melwood, you know it Robbie, it is still a family, nothing else, and you can go in and feel that.”