Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The weekends other games 14/2/21

Harvey Elliott only got 15 minutes tonight but it was still long enough to get another assist in.

A 3-2 result is eminently over-turnable (yes, I know. Not a word) by Sevilla.
    Especially given Dortmund's shaky performances and form this season.

Also a big mistake by Porto to let Juve back into the tie, as would always be the case when facing any team with Ronaldo in it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    1-3 I don't know why people say city aren't good to watch then again it's mainly 19X

Jealous?

great movement, passing, and clinical and they can even score goals from outside the box!

without aguero & kdb too
    City are good to watch this season, they mix it up far more, take shots on, play the percentages, play direct a lot more often, they're a better team now than they were with all the tappy tappy overplaying crap, that was really boring to watch
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Also a big mistake by Porto to let Juve back into the tie, as would always be the case when facing any team with Ronaldo in it.
    If we get past Leipzig and Porto overcome Juventus, we'd be delighted with a quarter-final against Porto.

I know you always have to meet someone really top-level eventually due to the quality of the sides in the Competition, but in a season like the one we're having where we need time to recompose ourselves, you'd cross fingers for as "forgiving" (relatively speaking) a tie as possible.

Oh dear, Everton now 3 points behind with only one game in hand. Beat them as I fully expect us to do on Saturday and they are back in their box. Them and WHU are absolutely no threat, we need to catch at least one of Chelsea, Leicester and Utd.
    We simply cannot afford to gift Utd and Chelsea the points the way we did Leicester last weekend, they are nowhere near as good a team/squad as us, so frustrating to gift them the points like that.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Oh dear, Everton now 3 points behind with only one game in hand. Beat them as I fully expect us to do on Saturday and they are back in their box. Them and WHU are absolutely no threat, we need to catch at least one of Chelsea, Leicester and Utd.
    We simply cannot afford to gift Utd and Chelsea the points the way we did Leicester last weekend, they are nowhere near as good a team/squad as us, so frustrating to gift them the points like that.
    Leicester are picking up some injury's so hopefully that helps

that young lad justin has been great for them, and can play rb/lb

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If we get past Leipzig and Porto overcome Juventus, we'd be delighted with a quarter-final against Porto.

I know you always have to meet someone really top-level eventually due to the quality of the sides in the Competition, but in a season like the one we're having where we need time to recompose ourselves, you'd cross fingers for as "forgiving" (relatively speaking) a tie as possible.
    That's what I'm hoping for too.

I truly believe that as soon as we start getting some of our injured players back (Jota, Fabinho.....Vvd(?) <- fingers crossed on that), we'll start to see our form and confidence slowly returning and we could end up being that team that you just don't want to meet in a knock-out tie where our form in the season simply doesn't matter.

Even City might not want to meet us at that stage, if we're back to full strength (or close to it) given their own mental block in the competition and inability to get over the hump - as well as the role we've played in that struggle of theirs in some of the most recent editions.

If we do get Porto though (assuming we take care of our own return leg tie, first), then it will probably be the last "gift" the footballing gods are sending us so we best take full advantage of it and get ourselves a semi-final berth.
    And I fully fancy our chances against anyone at that stage of the competition.

The important thing is to start getting confidence back early even before we get those players back and get some wins under our belt as we look to re-set this latter part of our season.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 17th February 2021 at 11:33 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Once it gets to the quarters and semis I fancy us against anyone. This squad (in the main) has been to 3 European Finals in 4 years, we have as much of not more experience as anyone at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What a horrible player Richarleson really is.
    God I hope we stuff these on Saturday
    I would advocate a ruddock Cole type tackle from rhys Williams in the dieing embers of a win at the weekend..

Sounds like a cracking game for Rangers away to Antwerp, 1-0 up then 2-1 down at half time, and a 90th minute winner from the penalty spot to win 4-3.