Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The weekends other games 14/2/21

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's been an enormous let-off of a weekend really.

Our main issue is our (current) inability to capitalise on these chances. I just hope we can manage to give ourselves a lift in this coming week, by any means. If I remember rightly Tottenham will be playing West Ham and Leicester will be playing Villa. So if we managed a win against the Bitters, they can't all keep pace (Tottenham/West Ham/Villa) or pull further ahead (Leicester) so our standing would improve in relative terms.

For the remainder of the season we'll be crossing fingers on one hand for recovery of our own form, whilst crossing fingers on the other hand that opposition results go our way on the relevant weekends. Margins will be find - 6 points above us, 2nd spot. Just 6 points behind us, 10th

We need results.
    Results have mostly gone are way last few weeks or so

otherwise no way would we still be 4th

May the 4th be with uth..

&

The lord said un to Liverpool
    ‘go forth’..

..but we came fifth.

Gotta laugh really...

Chelsea looking semi decent so far, Tuchel made the changes I would have made if i'm honest, bringing Azpilacueta back at RB and and Alonso at LB, that extra aeriel ability and experience of those 2 makes a big difference, you can never have too many very good headers of the ball at set pieces at either end
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Moyesy 4th is pretty funny

and of course he did 19x

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Moyesy 4th is pretty funny

and of course he did 19x
    Well he did, why would you not use those 2 players, despite Matip being a miles better CB than Gomez ever will be, it's well known here that one of my main other reasons for wanting him in instead of Gomez whenever fit was for us to have different options and greater variation at attacking set pieces and far more aerial dominance at defending set pieces, so it should be entirely obvious given my thinking on such things I would have done that

1-0 Chelsea - Giroud poor defending from Newcastle, a defender should have got in a position to block that low cross getting past the far post as Fabinho would have been

2-0 Chelsea Werner, looked like it came of Giroud's arm at first, but replay shows he just moved it out of the way in time

I can't fucking stand Carra on Sky anymore, I wish they'd find some reason to sack him to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I can't fucking stand Carra on Sky anymore, I wish they'd find some reason to sack him to be honest
    You and me both.

Maybe gobbing at someone would carry a heavier penalty these days.