Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The weekends other games 14/2/21

Macmanaman is the worst for me, can’t abide him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I can't fucking stand Carra on Sky anymore, I wish they'd find some reason to sack him to be honest
    Very hard to listen to him at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Very hard to listen to him at this stage
    Always maintained he was all about himself, this season he seems to be absolutely reveling in our misfortunes, far more than Neville or Wobble Gob on BT Sport, that speaks volumes for me, once a bitter always a bitter
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Outside of Sky I'd imagine he's a likable fella it just seems he's trying too hard while on Sky.
    It's all a bit false which I can't have.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Outside of Sky I'd imagine he's a likable fella it just seems he's trying too hard while on Sky.
    It's all a bit false which I can't have.
    Never liked him or rated him as a footballer, frequently used to turn round and tear strips off other players when he was the one who'd fucked up, I liked that he tried as desperately hard as he did and gave everything, but he was never a top footballer, if he wasn't a local lad who'd come to the red side from the blueshite, no fucking way on this earth he'd have been at Liverpool anywhere like as long as he was, he only ever got called up for England because he was a Liverpool player, he's probably the epitomy of that overrating and massively overhyping of local lads our fans constantly indulge in that I have such distain for

His best attributes were his bravery, being very good at doing just enough to put the opposition player off because he wasn't good enough in the air for a CB and making last ditch tackles and blocks because he wasn't good enough or quick enough to be where he needed to be and prevent teams getting to the positions he then had to make blocks from

For me THE most overrated player by an absolute country mile I have ever known in my 43 years supporting Liverpool

Maybe a lot of the locals don't speak with or interact much with others teams fans or have friends who support other teams, I had lots of friends who supported different clubs and every single one of them had one thing in common, they all thought he was shite and would constantly rip LFC for it, he was their one name one liner "Carragher " that was it, they'd just say it and piss themselves laughing
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th February 2021 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Results have mostly gone are way last few weeks or so

otherwise no way would we still be 4th
    That's true - also just how it pans out sometimes. Every season is different - our historic rivals got 66 points last season and got 3rd, got 66 points the season prior and got 6th.

There will be a lot of fluctuation of the sides in-and-around 4th spot over the coming 14 League matches. All we can do is aim to handle our own business really. A few wins (hard to come by for us just now) can be transformative this season - we've lost our last 3 matches whilst Chelsea have won their last four.

In an ideal situation we look at second spot, focus on the fact it's just 6 points in terms of the deficit and (mentally) divide the remaining 14 matched into two sets of seven.

Then ask ourselves if we can claw that 6-point gap down to be 3 points behind in 7 matches time, then repeat the trick for the second set. Even if you don't quite manage second spot, you'd back us to get close to that target in normal circumstances. In our current form though it's looking a big ask. Let's see where we are at the end of the week - 2 wins provides an enormous lift, 2 losses could be a bit of a tipping point.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    In an ideal situation we look at second spot, focus on the fact it's just 6 points in terms of the deficit and (mentally) divide the remaining 14 matched into two sets of seven.
    Nah, fuck that, get back to focusing on each next game and putting all our focus, intensity, quality and energy into getting the win as though our lives depended on it, making sure we damn well do get the fucking win, one game at a time

For me Steve McManaman is the worst pundit on TV, he never gives an opinion, he agrees with everything and talks a load of shite, Carra is not as bad, the only two I listen to are Souness and Keane, while I might not agree with them at least they speak their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by trueandred View Post
    For me Steve McManaman is the worst pundit on TV, he never gives an opinion, he agrees with everything and talks a load of shite, Carra is not as bad, the only two I listen to are Souness and Keane, while I might not agree with them at least they speak their minds.
    Michael Owen can be guilty of this too.

One thing I will say though is that he (Michael) springs into life as a pundit when talking about finishing. Makes total sense as that was his job on the pitch. The rest of the game though, not so much.

Still. Andy "yep" Townsend of the Land of "better" is always near the top of these lists.

Ev are shit
    0-2
    At home
    Shitolloti out !