Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CL Season 3: Ro16 First Legs

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Atletico really are a horrible team though.
    You can tell that they have got some very skillful players, and could really play if they set their minds to it. But they set up 6 3 1 and concentrate on gamesmanship.
    On that, it's really refreshing when a more balanced/attacking coach comes into a set-up that is traditionally defensive-minded.

Prandelli's Italy side were a breath of fresh air in that regard actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    a big goal for chelsea
    massive
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What? That's worthy of our VAR officiating, apparently deflections don't count, but what was a deflection through a player trying to block the attempted pass apparently isn't a deflection from an attempted block, but counts as the player meaningfully controlling the ball, really? putting a foot out to block the ball and it deflecting off you counts as you meaningfully controlling the ball?

Well, you learn something new everyday, I wouldn't have thought that would ever be classed as a meaningful control of the ball

Atletico having to attack, bet they concede again

Pretty impressive display by Chelsea to be fair, Atletico are a cunt of a team, I'd still put money on them losing to the filthy courtesy of some very dodgy officiating at the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    What? That's worthy of our VAR officiating, apparently deflections don't count, but what was a deflection through a player trying to block the attempted pass apparently isn't a deflection from an attempted block, but counts as the player meaningfully controlling the ball, really? putting a foot out to block the ball and it deflecting off you counts as you meaningfully controlling the ball?

Well, you learn something new everyday, I wouldn't have thought that would ever be classed as a meaningful control of the ball
    Take that back, they FINALLY just showed an angle that shows the Atletico player did play the ball rather than it come off him trying to block it

Still, I'd rather play Chelsea than Atletico if the draw goes that way if we get past Leipzig

The Chelsea player played the ball forward and giroud was offside when he played it. But it then hit the defender and fell for Giroud to score and the goal was give.
    How can that be when he was offside when the Chelsea player played it through ?

Steveo and Noods will love the list of Chelsea subs, Pulisic, Kante, Havertz, James Ziyech

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The Chelsea player played the ball forward and giroud was offside when he played it. But it then hit the defender and fell for Giroud to score and the goal was give.
    How can that be when he was offside when the Chelsea player played it through ?
    They showed an angle we didn't get to see until about 5 minutes ago, the Atletico player tries to play the ball and miskicks it and toe ends it through to Giroud