Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: RB Leipzig v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

We need wins ( obviously goes without saying) for us to play like we know we can. Confidence is brittle but that will have done them good.
    A win against the Shite will be a huge boost. I really hope we can build on this and not stutter again straight away or soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    By QF we should hopefully have Fabinho/Jota back that will help us.
    The best thing about the quarter-finals is the timing.

In footballing terms, April 6th/7th really is quite a long time away. We're unlikely to be at our absolute peak due to the missing personnel in Gomez and Van Dijk, but it's certainly a decent spell of time to have a bit of rhythm (injuries permitting!) for the likes of Kabak/Fabinho/Jota and possibly, with luck, catch one of Firmino or Mane in a purple patch to compliment Salah's output.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We need wins ( obviously goes without saying) for us to play like we know we can. Confidence is brittle but that will have done them good.
    A win against the Shite will be a huge boost. I really hope we can build on this and not stutter again straight away or soon after.
    Yes we NEED to win against everton, nothing else is good enough

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    On the subject of substitutes, when was the last time one of our subs looked good? Jota?

Usually there's a reason they're not in the starting line up.
    We need a noughties version of David Fairclough.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

No, it was a decent performance considering the fact we’re missing 10 players Noods and they were semi finalists last season. I think we are tending to vent a certain amount of our frustrations with FSG on the team. They were decent tonight, great result

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    No, it was a decent performance considering the fact we’re missing 10 players Noods and they were semi finalists last season. I think we are tending to vent a certain amount of our frustrations with FSG on the team. They were decent tonight, great result
    Nothing wrong with that team out tonight apart from missing the CB's

Most important player is staying fit Salah, so is the front 3

otherwise it's nearly full strength minus henderson>Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The best thing about the quarter-finals is the timing.

In footballing terms, April 6th/7th really is quite a long time away. We're unlikely to be at our absolute peak due to the missing personnel in Gomez and Van Dijk, but it's certainly a decent spell of time to have a bit of rhythm (injuries permitting!) for the likes of Kabak/Fabinho/Jota and possibly, with luck, catch one of Firmino or Mane in a purple patch to compliment Salah's output.
    Thats when the CL is really exciting if you're still in it, light nights, the business end of it.
    I genuinely think if we get that far VvD will figure.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Some seem to be equating a great result with a great performance. The two things do not always equate e.g. we played pretty well for the most part against Man City and Leicester but ended up losing both games.
    Careful, the know it all might call you a Manc supporter on the wind up.

To be fair, we haven't played for the past god knows how many games. Some people seeing us get a win, means we're going to go on a run and win everything all over again.

We weren't at our best at all, 0-0 at half time is considered decent. For us. So imagine what a win does to some people.

Being positive is one thing, being blindly positive is another.

We need our players back, playing in the right positions. We need the form to be on top again. Trent played better, but still had a lot of stupid passes. Kabak looked decent, Alison still worries me. Wijnaldum again with nothing of note. Robbo was poor today and the less said about ox the better. Henderson was MOTM in my opinion, followed closely by jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    getting carried away as always

Esp that fucking lunatic 19x

i guess firmino is world class again and henderson is world class cb blablabla

wait until we play a actual good team then we're out
    I'm just listening to the radio and someone has just phoned up has said that we're going to win the CL this season and the league next year.

Was Jotas return mid February?