Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: RB Leipzig v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Jota, that's why I wasn't in any rush to change the front 3 given how they usually find form and not wanting to disrupt everything else as we did, we haven't had that supersub option for so fucking long
    Indeed.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Ox's recent display is enough for him to not be on the subs bench
    All jokes aside, bringing Ox and Shaq on regularly and them finishing the game (rather than going off injured) might just make a side take a punt at on one of them. Wages are a big part of our expenditure and if the wages of those two players were going on something more useful to us going forward (paying Kabak if we like him enough to take him on full-time, acquiring Konsa/Bissouma/Raphinha/whoever) then it might just pay off.

I'd love Ox to reach the level he was showing in 2018 but that's a Hell of a long time ago in footballing terms and he has a fair amount to compete with in the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Jota, that's why I wasn't in any rush to change the front 3 given how they usually find form and not wanting to disrupt everything else as we did, we haven't had that supersub option for so fucking long
    It’s the way you tell’um..

We could always offer to swap Ox back to Arsenal for Saka...plus £1

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    No, it was a decent performance considering the fact we’re missing 10 players Noods and they were semi finalists last season. I think we are tending to vent a certain amount of our frustrations with FSG on the team. They were decent tonight, great result
    Yes we were 'decent', but we weren't great. That combined with Leipzig being poor is why we've come away with a good result. Make no mistake, if Leipzig hadn't kept giving the ball away and had offered up any kind of reasonable threat up front, I think we'd be going into the second leg in a much less favourable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    All jokes aside, bringing Ox and Shaq on regularly and them finishing the game (rather than going off injured) might just make a side take a punt at on one of them. Wages are a big part of our expenditure and if the wages of those two players were going on something more useful to us going forward (paying Kabak if we like him enough to take him on full-time, acquiring Konsa/Bissouma/Raphinha/whoever) then it might just pay off.

I'd love Ox to reach the level he was showing in 2018 but that's a Hell of a long time ago in footballing terms and he has a fair amount to compete with in the pecking order.
    I know substitutes are brought on to change a teams fortunes, but it's hard for anyone to come on so late in a game and make an immediate impact, especially with how quick the game is played these days. Sometimes it works, alot of the time it won't. Games will just pass them by in the 15-20 minutes time they get.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s the way you tell’um..

Haha. Puff puff,double smoke,puff,puff.

Shaqiri always looks like hes been on a seafood diet. see food and eat it
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

A 0-2 win is even better than a 1-3 win

Glad people think Leipzig are shit - it wont go to the lads heads

Aye, true Noods but they did and they didn’t and the position is very favourable so I’m happy enough.